+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unscrupulous gate

Unscrupulous gate

The other board is buggered at the minute so I’ll post on here.

I simply ask a question about info I’d seen saying some trust members think there’s unscrupulous people in the club and send some info to the mods to verify the question. This was after someone close to me heard the same thing from Billy in his shop after a discussion.

Not once have I been contacted for any other question I’ve asked but I was this. I was then asked for a meeting with Jack and Kyle of the trust.

Meeting was great and good. Afterwards I get asked to send info, I sent a little and no issues.

But I get sent the below:

“ Thanks for sending the screenshot before. Billy has asked if you would be up for sending more of it, IE - something that shows names etc. I know you want to protect identities etc, but Billy doesn't want to comment on it, unless there's more in the proof, if you know what I mean?”

Now my feelings changed to that I was being buttered up to provide the info. I also felt Jack was doing the dirty work?

Honest replies, am I being harsh for saying Jack was doing dirty work?
    Do you think I was being buttered up to just provide the details?

I’ve had all sorts of accusations that ima attention seeker or keyboard warrior but I’m really not. I just want an answer to a question.

Also the trust aren’t supposedly happy I ask too many questions and they can’t supposedly breathe. If they were good in the first place and told us stuff I wouldn’t need to ask questions

I think you're obsessed with the trust.

You shouldn't give them the time of day, let alone act as their minion.

What's your end game, Mullen? Why are you involved and what are you trying to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    I think you're obsessed with the trust.

You shouldn't give them the time of day, let alone act as their minion.

What's your end game, Mullen? Why are you involved and what are you trying to achieve?
    Certainly not their minion.

I’m not involved with the trust, I did build their website but that’s it.

As far as endgame, I think I’d like to see a trust that simply represents supporters and doesn’t put their needs before others. Truth and honesty! There are a few people I know that would stand for the trust but they won’t because they feel there is no getting past the old guard. So ideally I’d like to see them all resign and start afresh.

Is there any point to a trust if it exists simply to represent supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    Is there any point to a trust if it exists simply to represent supporters?
    Well it does call itself the official supporters club.

What should it do instead?

I get Piglet’s point. Any Trust need to be constantly on their Club’s back to improve said Club so that it exists going forward and improves in some way each and every year, and that includes succession planning. That’s the ideal, anyway. A Trust should not cosy up to the owners of the Club and, if given any official position, should use that position effect change. Has our Trust done any of that? No. And if a Trust holds an official position it cannot run a Supporters’ Club as there is a clear conflict of interests because at some points they could be making decisions that affect supporters adversely.

All decisions should be clear and, above all, OPEN. This Trust seems to be playing politics behind the scenes.

Why is Billy unwilling to comment unless he has a name? Surely it makes no difference?

The club and the supporters groups seem to have a bit of an obsession with knowing peoples real names. And considering we have a director with a history of phoning up someones employer to try and get them into trouble for criticism posted online, they should understand why some people aren't willing to provide a name.

Is it that they want to know peoples names so they can harass them if we criticize too much?

I imagine so Billy knows not to talk to them again in his shop - regarding that bit of the evidence.

I was pissed off when I got that message. He could have replied on the forum etc but instead got someone else to ask instead, someone he presumed had a good relationship with me - poor form

The reason I think I annoy the club and trust re questions etc is because I don’t act like neurotypical.

A person in the meeting with the two trust members might have felt guilty by saying dirty work but I don’t in the slightest. I could sense what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mullen103 View Post
    He could have replied on the forum etc but instead got someone else to ask instead
    That does seem a bit cowardly to me. Why doesn't he come on the forum and talk himself, why send someone on his behalf?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)