+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions for first five league games

sorry my mistake it was only 5 games 2 wins 3 loses..oops

Let's hope TC sets up to play our best in the 1st 3 games , if we do and we play well then it's win win
    We either get points and those doubters amongst us get our pusses shut for a bit, or we don't in which case it proves we need to bring in better.
    I said 3 cos transfer window is shut 3 days after our 4th game which is Hearts.
    Playing defensive and snatching a point or 2 will tell us f'all.

Or TA could bring in better now and avoid further shyte on forums

Had a look at our previous starts to the season in the top flight and its a mixed bag. The starts don't necessary suggest how the season will pan out but it's more how we recover from it if its a bad start. Some seasons gone past I have dreaded the fixtures we got but ended up getting a decent point total (2014/15- Aberdeen, Motherwell, Celtic, County and St Mirren) while other times when we've had "better starts" but have struggled.

First 5 games
    20/21- 7pts out of 15 (2W 1D 2L) - Finished 9th
    15/16- 4pts out of 15 (1W 1D 3L) - Finished 12th
    14/15- 12pts out of 15 (4W 1L) - Finished 5th
    13/14- 5pts out of 15 (1W 2D 2L)- Finished 4th
    12/13- 8pts out of 15 (2W 2D 1L)- Finished 6th
    11/12- 5pts out of 15 (1W 2D 2L)- Finished 4th
    10/11- 5pts out of 15 (1W 2D 2L)- Finished 4th
    09/10- 8pts out of 15 (2W 2D 1L)- Finished 3rd

so my prediction
    Aberdeen-Draw
    Sevco-Loss
    St Johnstone-Win
    Hearts-Draw
    St Mirren-Win

Optimistic or stupid who knows but what we do know is the start of the season is always unpredictable

Start is massively important.

I think we need minimum of 7 points from the 5 matches - basically need to beat the sheep as what comes after is not easy

Come on United !!

Aberdeen - United 1-2
    United - The Rangers 1-1
    St Johnstone - United 0-2
    United - Hearts 1-1
    St Mirren - United 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Start is massively important.

I think we need minimum of 7 points from the 5 matches - basically need to beat the sheep as what comes after is not easy

Come on United !!

The stats from Darren right before you suggests otherwise, aslong as we get more than 4 pts we should be fine 😜

The last time i dreaded a season as much as this one we went doon.I cannie FN believe with a week to go before the season starts i cannot select a United player who i think will have more assists than Paul McMullan and that is phucking frightening,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The last time i dreaded a season as much as this one we went doon.I cannie FN believe with a week to go before the season starts i cannot select a United player who i think will have more assists than Paul McMullan and that is phucking frightening,FACT.
    Paul McMullen might be 4 out of 10 performance wise for a lot of the match but he does give moments of 9 out 10 which wins matches.

We have too many 6/7 out of 10 performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    Paul McMullen might be 4 out of 10 performance wise for a lot of the match but he does give moments of 9 out 10 which wins matches.

We have too many 6/7 out of 10 performances.
    Correct. I quite liked McMullen but he ended up a two trick pony, and even one oh them didnae work

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    This where I am too, but if my zoomer gloomy predictions turn out to be wrong I will be delighted. I will apologise to Shedka ADS and all the others who foretold our success.
    But if I'm right and we struggle at the bottom for the first time in my long posting history they will hear me say I wasn't surprised and
    I FN TOLD YOU

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)