+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions for first five league games

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Personally i have no issue with TA, i agree with TTT in another thread he has hit targets so far. He has earned the right to make more changes.

I also have no issue with replacing MM. Last season was my worst season ever watching us. Worse than anything any other manager has put on the park, It was awful.

My reason for worry is that i beleive we were the worst footballing team in the league last year for large parts of it. The games we were winning or drawing i remember either thinking thank f for benji or thank f their attacking players had a mare. Apart from Aberdeen cup game i can barely remember us walking off the pitch and me thinking we deserved anything from the matches. It felt like robbery most weeks we didn’t lose

Imho to stay up we either need TC to improve the performances of the squad we have or sign a number of better players or we hope we run the same luck in a lot of matches like last season. The latter 2 look unlikely so im pinning hopes on a rookie manager hence the fear.
    With you on all that more or less my feelings backed MM and can kind of understand his tactics were his only way he could see to keep us up.Will back TC and am hoping he can find a better way bit more attractive football keep us up bring through player or two and then the next season improve thats my hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Freeman, Mochrie and Hoti have looked promising so far at least, albeit against lesser opposition. I'm hopeful that they might just add a little more to our options once they have a few more games under their belts. I still expect us to make a couple of additions, although admittedly it's very slow on that front, which doesn't really help with the air of pessimism that's lingering.
    Agree again throw in chalmers and boy on the left can't remember his name.Just hoping these young guys can make it would like to see a couple of right players coming in but not just crap signings to keep the zoomers happy they can take their time and bring in right guys or go with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotinUSA View Post
    Aberdeen 1 Dundee United 2
    Dundee United 1 Rangers 3
    St. Johnstone 0 Dundee United 2
    Dundee United 3 Heart of Midlothian 1
    St. Mirren 0 Dundee United 2

12 points

Good back line
    Good forward line
    Get midfield sorted
    Hope you're right scot but whats happening week two utd got a covid out break and playing the reserves?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Seen Motherwell twice they are average, week leak goals but have a bit of creativity on the wings, lost to airdrie, were very lucky not to lose to queen's Park, Livi have lost nearly a full team and have lots of new players, haven't set their group alight, lost to Alloa (who then lost to brechin a few days later) County have barely played, nothing to fear from their squad, St Mirren you just never know but the fact they just had their best league season in decades and that saw them 7th says it all, Dundee have improved but aren't tested at this level properly yet, seem to have balance and experience but they are Dundee

United, looking at the less gloomy more balanced way, good blend of experience and youth, plenty continuity, now know the league, haven't weakened... lacking in 2-3 fresh faces/key signings to really kick on but certainly not looking like cannon fodder destined for bottom spot
    On Motherwell mate i have to ask where are they getting the money from?.All season ticket holders from last year were given a FREE one for this season.
    It looks like they paid a fee for the QPR keeper Liam Kelly as he was contracted to them till 2023 and they have paid Southampton money for a midfielder called Callum Slattery.
    We were linked with the keeper earlier in the window but i think it would have been a loan move we wanted.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/...20-21-holders/
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 25-07-2021 at 09:35 AM. Reason: adding a link

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    On Motherwell mate i have to ask where are they getting the money from?.All season ticket holders from last year were given a FREE one for this season.
    It looks like they paid a fee for the QPR keeper Liam Kelly as he was contracted to them till 2023 and they have paid Southampton money for a midfielder called Callum Slattery.
    We were linked with the keeper earlier in the window but i think it would have been a loan move we wanted.
    They have had a lot of money in recently for players. They got £1.5m for James Scott, £3.5m for Turnbull and I think they are due about £600k for Allan Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    They have had a lot of money in recently for players. They got £1.5m for James Scott, £3.5m for Turnbull and I think they are due about £600k for Allan Campbell
    Thanks mate i had completely forgotten about Turnbull and the others to be honest.Whatever model they are deploying we should use it.

Speaking of James Scott, would be a great signing, all gone quiet, will no doubt end up at Hearts as they were the other Scottish club linked

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    We got 750k for Johnny Russell, £2m for the Tim Two, £2.5m for ARob, £2.5m for Gauld, £1.5m for Nads, £500k for Souter. Even got £400k for Ryan McGowan FFS. Still don’t remember ever getting a free ST though.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Speaking of James Scott, would be a great signing, all gone quiet, will no doubt end up at Hearts as they were the other Scottish club linked
    This is all i could find mate.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    We got 750k for Johnny Russell, £2m for the Tim Two, £2.5m for ARob, £2.5m for Gauld, £1.5m for Nads, £500k for Souter. Even got £400k for Ryan McGowan FFS. Still don’t remember ever getting a free ST though.
    We also ended up back where we started £7,000,000 in the red.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)