+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T The Olympics

Good day for GB and some canny stuff on the BBC.

Shame about the taekwondo but she lost focus with 10 seconds left-handled defeat a lot better than the bloke did yesterday, mind.

Hard to give much of a hoot, let alone two, about going out of the archery or the badminton, though.

And now Gail Emms is on. Which is nice.

watched the end of the mens gymnastics team comp

went right down to the last routine to determine all 3 medals between the chinese, japanese and russians.

russians got it - first time since 96 - which im assuming was the last one before russia was broken up into a zillion different countries.

Dalaloyan (spelling) wow managed to get through all 6 pieces of apparatus and qualified for individuals despite an op on his achilles tendon just a few weeks ago. must have been killing him

yes saw that lass laura?? what a shame just pipped right at the end.

I'd rather watch these Olympics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgSzGIkFq2A

Having said I wasn't that interested, I was very pleased to see GB get the golds

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Having said I wasn't that interested, I was very pleased to see GB get the golds
    and the silvers and the bronzes !!

can't wait for the athletics and sailing to start!

not to mention the equestrian and womens gymnastics sometime today

is there still rowing to go - i saw heats but haven't seen any finals??

jamie - 2 silvers men and womens triathlon!

Aye - I saw the silver for triathlon.

I'd of really liked the Brownlee to get on the podium for his last Olympics but alas, he finished 5th.

Is dressage the only Olympic event that is actually improved when one of the competitors shits on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye - I saw the silver for triathlon.

I'd of really liked the Brownlee to get on the podium for his last Olympics but alas, he finished 5th.
    yes that was a shame but he can be proud of everything he achieved, both him and his brother.

and what about our female silver medallist - still came 2nd even after having a puncture in the bike race and having to finish on a flat tyre - that lost her a lot of time.

the womens gymnastics - 1st team medal since 1928 what an achievement, and the russians taking gold in both men''s and womens for the 1st time since the break up of the soviet union.

The incredible Simone Biles - publicly admitting to mental health issues - difficult in private never mind in front of the whole world

Mind, this has to be one of the best Olympic moments ever.

If you haven't seen the Italian and Qatari high jumpers agree to share the gold medal then watch this. Truly glorious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58048827

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Mind, this has to be one of the best Olympic moments ever.

If you haven't seen the Italian and Qatari high jumpers agree to share the gold medal then watch this. Truly glorious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/58048827
    yes i saw that - fantastic.

and Brownlee got his gold medal after all - the team were brilliant

Hollie the pole vaulter got the medal that has eluded her throughout her career - always thereabouts always missing out on top 3.

Simone Biles achieved her ghreatest medal yet, a bronze on beam.

laura kenny and the rest of the cyclists ....

history makers the lot of them

so proud of team GB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)