+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T The Olympics

O/T The Olympics

Ordinarily, I'd be hugely excited for the next 2 weeks and, no doubt, I'll get drawn in at various points but, with no crowds, it's going to be a pale shadow of what it should be.

So-anyone got anything they're particularly looking forward to?

The climbing and Taekwondo are two of the 'lesser' ones I'd like to see. They're both something I do but every time I see top class competitors doing them, I'm torn between being inspired to get out and try harder, do better, achieve more, etc...and giving up entirely, thinking 'ffs, I'm just playing at this' (mind, the style of Taekwondo I do is very different from Olympic Taekwondo-our fighting is a lot more dynamic with constant kicks and punches whereas theirs is a lot more like a Mexican standoff with that stupid bouncing they do whilst waiting for each other to make the first move).

At the best of times. Opening show, the odd track event, ladies beach volleyball, strangely I like a bit of Olympic sailing ....thats about it.

Will just dip in and out this time if at all.

I say bring back old events like running deer shoot, obstacle swimming, Olympic town planning and live pigeon shoot from antiquity.

I like all the athletics - but particularly decathlon and heptathlon. the gymnastics, swimming and to be fair i'm usually glued to the tele all hours of the day and/or night watching so many obscure competitions.

as has been said - it won't be the same

I’m pretty negative about the whole thing. I think the Olympics has lost its prestige by including so many sports, it’ll be tiddly-winks next. I also fear a big disruption from a wave of Delta variant through the athletes.

They should have cancelled it and had an 8 year gap this time.

Very clever opening ceremony!!

Ooh forgot the rowing. Starts tonight at midnight or shortly afterwards!
    Last edited by toonlegend; 23-07-2021 at 03:52 PM.

I'm not that fussed this time.

Just don't have the same excitment I'd usually have for it.

I like the rowing and the triathalon though.

Despite the reservations of it “nit being the same - I’ve watched (some of) rowing, cycling road race, gymnastics, hockey so far!!

Bring it on !!!

#GB.

Very little interest bit like the world cup loved them when i was younger 1984 and 1988 olympics but now im a bit of a old codger no huge interest anymore.

I'm still hooked watching everything and anything I can , when I can

annoyed that I have work to do and no tele in my little "office room"!

cos mine bust - theres one waiting for me at my mams but i havent collected it yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)