+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Douglas Luiz jaded?

Douglas Luiz jaded?

I watched some of the Brazil v Germany game in the Olympics yesterday, just to see how Douglas Luiz was playing. I was a bit dismayed to see that he looked jaded and uninterested. He did not show the normal athleticism he shows week in week out at the Villa. Do you think that after the last two seasons, which basically ran into each other without a break,
    followed by the Copa America and the the Olympics, this schedule is so punishing he might be over-stretching himself?
    The last two years have been quite punishing for all footballers, placing extra strain on their superfit bodies.
    Do you think that this, plus the weird decision to hold the World cup in a country which is basically a desert, will have a long lasting effect on their bodies and their longevity?

Jack is showing no strain in the bars in Mykonos 😉

wish I was there!

Has the Olympics started? Hes played a ridiculous amount of football. He will need a proper rest. Start the season with Nkamba

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Start the season with Nkamba
    That would be Marvellous !

TBF Nakamba has looked good in both friendlies so far. Seems a lot sharper and doing a proper defensive midfield role. Starting to look a bit like Kante for me. I see Everton and Palace are interested in him now though

We need to keep Naki, no good selling even if he will spend a lot of time on the bench! He will start all games in August while Luiz is given extra time off. Its his chance to stake a claim to be first choice.

Well, Dougie can have a little rest now. After giving the ball away, as only he can, he got a straight red (harsh) from VAR, whilst trying to tidy up his fcuk up.

Our 2 Brazilians managed a total of 19 mins between them.

Just seen it i cannot believe that was a red card and by VAR, anyway as you stated, Dougie can get some rest now!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Just seen it i cannot believe that was a red card and by VAR, anyway as you stated, Dougie can get some rest now!!
    https://www.givemesport.com/1727308-...vs-ivory-coast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)