+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I'm going to assume that there will probably be 1-2 closed door games this week to keep everyone ticking over. Shame though that the fans aren't going to see the team though
    Agree about ticking over but if I was the coach I'd especially want to see my preferred back 5 developing more understanding and being tested and against much stronger attacks than what we faced in the LC.

My concern is Tam doesn't know his best 11, hopefully he does. A missed opportunity.
    Are we ready, I have my doubt doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I'm not concerned with the politics of it all but in just over 7 days time we kick off our league campaign and we should be testing Tams preferred first 11 for that game by playing tough opposition tomorrow. First 11 names on the team sheet playing for 70 minutes.

It's a bit of a shambles really, plus it was an opportunity for more fans to get back into Tannadice and see the club play again.
    I have said the club is a basket case and i stand by that even if i am a boring barsteward.The club requested this Saturday off from league cup duty.
    If they had tried to arrange a friendly and it fell through then just FN tell us,what's the problem with that?.I honestly think that the dislike between Asghar and a high percentage of the fans is mutual.
    Its clearly going the same way as the breakdown between ST and the majority of the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have said the club is a basket case and i stand by that even if i am a boring barsteward.The club requested this Saturday off from league cup duty.
    If they had tried to arrange a friendly and it fell through then just FN tell us,what's the problem with that?.I honestly think that the dislike between Asghar and a high percentage of the fans is mutual.
    Its clearly going the same way as the breakdown between ST and the majority of the fanbase.
    I wonder if Tony realises a lot us are fearful of what he is doing to the club.

Ok we will be patient and await the outcome of the experiment. I hope I end up eating my hat.
    I want this gamble to succeed and I will not take any pleasure in saying "I told you so - fuuckin' obvious club is and has been a basket case".

C'mon United!

I heard we had a game this Sunday but then the team pulled out before we confirmed it. If true then the club can't exactly do much. Finding teams to play not as easy as it seems. Think the likelihood is they will be playing closed door games against local teams or amongst ourselves.

Any word on a closed door game today or midweek? We need something to keep us going.

Manchester United are at St Andrews this week FFS - could have been a great opportunity to apply to the Cooncil, get 5000 bums on seats, get at least a bit of revenue in, get a bit of excitement for the new season generated, get a bit of final match practice and fitness in the team AND on top of that it’s a phucking cracking day today in the sun. Maybe they tried to fix it up but because of the zero level of current communication going on everybody’s in the total dark and have no idea………………

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Manchester United are at St Andrews this week FFS - could have been a great opportunity to apply to the Cooncil, get 5000 bums on seats, get at least a bit of revenue in, get a bit of excitement for the new season generated, get a bit of final match practice and fitness in the team AND on top of that it’s a phucking cracking day today in the sun. Maybe they tried to fix it up but because of the zero level of current communication going on everybody’s in the total dark and have no idea………………
    Where are you seeing that Man U are at St Andrews? My man in the know said they were coming, but not yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Where are you seeing that Man U are at St Andrews? My man in the know said they were coming, but not yet?
    I’m sure I read in admittedly a D(F)C Thamsin publication this week that they were up currently but of course that could be wrong then. Not for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’m sure I read in admittedly a D(F)C Thamsin publication this week that they were up currently but of course that could be wrong then. Not for the first time.
    Man U were playing QPR today mate not sure where though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I wonder if Tony realises a lot us are fearful of what he is doing to the club.

Ok we will be patient and await the outcome of the experiment. I hope I end up eating my hat.
    I want this gamble to succeed and I will not take any pleasure in saying "I told you so - fuuckin' obvious club is and has been a basket case".

C'mon United!
    Ok just back from pub reading through few threads you seem like loads of others calling my club a basket case but then saying you hope you are wrong and then every cu.t should just forgive you for slagging the **** out of our team because you just thought maybe they were basket cases but if you are wrong then every thing is great and really you were not one of the people slagging **** out of my team you were just concerned about them have I got that right had a few pints but thats the way it sounds to me?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)