+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Dogs, go forth and multiply

Red Dogs, go forth and multiply

Cheapskate sods offering a miserly sum for Lee Buchanan. Way below DCFC's valuation which is, apparently, sufficient to mean only PL clubs might be interested.

No more than unsettling tactics meant to disrupt what's left of our squad, the tree hugging gits.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Cheapskate sods offering a miserly sum for Lee Buchanan. Way below DCFC's valuation which is, apparently, sufficient to mean only PL clubs might be interested.

No more than unsettling tactics meant to disrupt what's left of our squad, the tree hugging gits.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...m_medium=email
    To be fair Maddy, what is the offer?
    It could be £10 million, but Mad Mel wants £50 million?

Lets be honest here, DCFC are hemhorraging money hand over fist and with EFL hovering for the first chance to swoop. Options are limited.
    I think your reaction is more of a NFFC one, because this guy will be sold if he has to be.
    DCFC may very well have little option, as he is in his last year of contract and with the current transfer embargo, its crap.

Been there ourselves remember, couldn't sign anyone and vultures circled.
    Maybe he just wants a regular wage?

as for the unsettling comment, all I will say is...................... Kris Commons

1 year on his contract, yes, but there's also a 1 year option which Derby can unilaterally trigger so, in effect, it's 2 years to go.

Commons? He'd already decided to let his contract run down and go elsewhere. The way I remember it, we didn't speak to KC until the new year. He hadn't signed a new deal and DCFC was perfectly entitled under the rules and regs to speak to him and sign a pre contract with him.

You're comparing apples and pears.

That's not true Maddy either. He was desperate to stay(his words), but wanted a contract immediately, as he had offers coming in. NFFC told him to hold on whilst they sorted it out. He didn't wait and the wolves circled.
    Now I don't blame him, money motivates.
    So no, sorry. It is very similar. Forget NFFC, every club knows that MM wants to sell/ haven't even sold season tickets yet/struggling to pay wages/ transfer ban in effect.
    Do you really believe the player himself won't be using an agent to sound out offers?

He'll go, though I believe a lower prem club will take him, based on potential alone.

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Trent Hutson
    @TrentHutsonFJ
    RamDerby County holding out for £2-3m for Lee Buchanan.

HandshakeThey expect interest from Premier League clubs who are likely to cough up the fee.

Crossed swordsJayden Bogle joined Sheffield Utd but game time was limited, so Buchanan has a decision to make. Would fill the left-back void at #NFFC

What about the other 10 voids?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    What about the other 10 voids?
    I concur, we have many.
    But remind me, how well DCFC pre season is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I concur, we have many.
    But remind me, how well DCFC pre season is going?
    Not very well in all honesty. We are struggling, to say the least.

We don't have many senior players (9 in fact) on the books but a surfeit of ****agers with a massive ONE 1st team game to their name. Until a week ago the EFL's view on the rules allowed us to sign NOBODY. They have relented a little and we can now sign a max of 4 free agents or loanees on extremely limited length and wages. Rooney has, quite correctly IMO, not yet made a decision as to whom he wants to offer a contract. He sees them in training which only started 3 weeks ago and he has had TWO pre season friendlies in which to pass judgment. IMO the right thing.

Fans will be begging for class signings. In reality, beggars can't be choosers. Personally, with the possible exception of Mengi, I would have beenamazed had he offered anybody a contract yet. The decision, when he eventually makes it, has to be the best available player, under the circumstances in the area(s) which need the most strengthening.

For the next 3 months we have no Knight and no Bielik available. I don't expect (maybe Mengi excepted) any incoming to be announced until the days immediately prior to the opening League game.

As things stand, avoiding relegation will be a success.

As you can see, Rooney is on the problem and fell asleep discussing it with these 2 football experts

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...23835284547583

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)