+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Persistent Non Covid Cough!?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    If they had been in the army they would have been shot for desertion.

Don’t have a problem seeing a GP - you just need to say it’s an emergency!

Don’t understand why they don’t have private clinics like they do in the USA in Walgreens or Spain for any minor hospital/GP needs. Many would rather pay 50/100 pounds than sit in A&E for a minimum 4 hour wait. I would anyway!

My father in law died in May. He was 90. From Christmas until he died no GP came to see him even though we pleaded.
    But paramedics, nurses and carers all came and he could have had a carpet fitter call if required.
    The first pandemic for decades and the people who you rely on most go into hiding.
    Absolute disgrace.

I think there meets to be a public enquiry into the conduct of GP’s during the pandemic Des.

I shall certainly be making my point to my local GP’s if they ever turn up for work again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think there meets to be a public enquiry into the conduct of GP’s during the pandemic Des.

I shall certainly be making my point to my local GP’s if they ever turn up for work again.
    Sat next to mine in the hairdressers the other week. First time I had seen him since about June last year.

My hairdresser wanted to know why he could come to have his hair cut but he (hairdresser) couldn’t get an appointment to see him (Doctor). Needless to say the doctor said they were very busy and were seeing patients as well as delivering Covid vaccinations.

I chipped in that I had found it difficult to see anyone other than a nurse or a phone call appointment as well. I didn’t mention, but my hairdresser did, that he thought they got paid extra for delivery of the vaccination anyway on top of their GP salary but he would t give us a straight answer on that one.

Managed eventually to get an appointment with a nurse next week after 3 days of trying to get a face to face Doctor appointment. Think it is pretty much a Nationwide problem.

Mrs P is a district nurse, they really struggle to get GP’s to see some very sick patients and are having to make decisions that really should be made by a GP, it’s a terrible situation, GP’s are really not well liked by those on the real front line.

Don’t knock it. To see. A quack over here is £64.00 for a six minute consultation. (Government grant 12.00 for each consultation)

Go to A&E it is £185.00 to just get in.

If you require an ambulance £325.00 per call out, albeit you can get insurance for ambulance for £85.00 per annum.

The NHS is a wonderful thing so keep it.

Went to A&E a few weeks ago with a 4” gash in my head due to an accident in the home where I knocked myself out momentarily. No ex-ray, no scan but got a bill for over £240.00 for a nurse to glue the gash. Scandalous really.

B&Q do super glue so that will be my next port of call in future.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 25-07-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Don’t knock it. To see. A quack over here is £64.00 for a six minute consultation. (Government grant 12.00 for each consultation)

If you require an ambulance £325.00 per call out, albeit you can get insurance for ambulance for £85.00 per annum.

Went to A&E a few weeks ago with a 4” gash in my head due to an accident in the home where I knocked myself out momentarily. No ex-ray, no scan but got a bill for over £240.00 for a nurse to glue the gash. Scandalous really.

Unbelievable! Seems Guernsey is a bit like the US then when it comes to medical! So what happens if you break your leg as an example and you really can't afford to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Unbelievable! Seems Guernsey is a bit like the US then when it comes to medical! So what happens if you break your leg as an example and you really can't afford to pay?
    You get an Easy Jet flight to Stanstead and collapse once in the main terminal!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post

Swings and roundabouts tho, I envy the 20% max tax rate! Recon I have paid enough in over that here over the years for a full body transplant!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Sat next to mine in the hairdressers the other week. First time I had seen him since about June last year.

My hairdresser wanted to know why he could come to have his hair cut but he (hairdresser) couldn’t get an appointment to see him (Doctor). Needless to say the doctor said they were very busy and were seeing patients as well as delivering Covid vaccinations.

I chipped in that I had found it difficult to see anyone other than a nurse or a phone call appointment as well. I didn’t mention, but my hairdresser did, that he thought they got paid extra for delivery of the vaccination anyway on top of their GP salary but he would t give us a straight answer on that one.
    The straight answer is YES! £12.58 per needle, GP's never do anything for free - they'll send women to pharmacies to get their blood pressure checked (free of charge) before prescribing them the pill at their annual "review". We had 2 GP's turn up at the vaccination clinic and blatantly lie about when they'd had their first jab to try to get the 2nd one earlier so they could go on holiday - thus taking up slots for those needing their first jab or those due their 2nd one. They were put firmly in their place but brazen as fk saying where there's a will there's a way - they are now being found out for the mercenaries that they are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)