+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Thread vs Telford 24.07.21 [PSF]

Went along today, was a decent work out. Some observations:

- Francis and Taylor the stand out new boys for me. The former very much playing the Doyle role and keeping it ticking over, the latter being very quick and direct.

- First hour was a bit dull with us having loads of possession, unsurprisingly we had loads more threat when we put Wootton, Roberts and Rodrigues on.

- Roberts looked fit and sharp. Came through three or four late challenges as well, which is promising.

- Of the trialists, I don’t think Wright is up to much. Bennett was quiet but showed some nice touches and perhaps a bit hamstrung by being on without any of our better attacking players. Hondermarck probably the stand out, very tidy in midfield. Sherif was solid playing in defence.

- Brad McGregor the ****ager from the youth team was great at left wing back. Got forward really well.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Went along today, was a decent work out. Some observations:

- Francis and Taylor the stand out new boys for me. The former very much playing the Doyle role and keeping it ticking over, the latter being very quick and direct.

- First hour was a bit dull with us having loads of possession, unsurprisingly we had loads more threat when we put Wootton, Roberts and Rodrigues on.

- Roberts looked fit and sharp. Came through three or four late challenges as well, which is promising.

- Of the trialists, I don’t think Wright is up to much. Bennett was quiet but showed some nice touches and perhaps a bit hamstrung by being on without any of our better attacking players. Hondermarck probably the stand out, very tidy in midfield. Sherif was solid playing in defence.

- Brad McGregor the ****ager from the youth team was great at left wing back. Got forward really well.
    Thanks for sharing Jacob, some promising moments by the sound of it.

My lad has just shown me the goal. If today achieved nothing else, great to see Cal getting back up to speed.

Stockport and Wrexham can spend all the money they like, they haven’t got Roberts and Rodrigues.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Thanks for sharing Jacob, some promising moments by the sound of it.
    Yeah definitely, not fluent yet by any means but promising signs. We were very solid at the back as well, Telford didn’t really have a chance of any note and they’re a step up from Coalville last week.

Most positive thing was probably the spirit there seems to be about the place. Whole squad seemed in a great mood, Burchnall happy to chat away with fans, and when Roberts scored everyone, even the trialists, was obviously so happy for him.

Just back from Telford.

Not a great game and agree with the previous posters.

We bought our tickets in the away stand which was closed. Poorly organised and we missed the first 10 minutes trying to get into the ground.

Most of the staff and local fans friendly enough.

Couple of hundred Notts Fans. Small crowd.

The Head Coach is easily likeable. Speaks my (football) language, knowledgeable well beyond me and the average fan, and is positive.

I'll take that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123