+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Losing players to positive Covid tests

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I know it might be hard for you to believe that your current opinion is likely, in my view, to become mainstream. Things change, they always do.
    Do you think

You will be sitting in a full Dens Park by the end of the year?

You will be going on holiday without taking any tests?

You won't have to wear a face nappy?

You will be freely travelling to away games?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Do you think

You will be sitting in a full Dens Park by the end of the year?

You will be going on holiday without taking any tests?

You won't have to wear a face nappy?

You will be freely travelling to away games?
    Dens Park, probably not given your timescale.
    Going on holiday without taking tests, next year, yes.
    Face nappy wearing will never be compulsory.
    Yes to travelling to away games.

Dens Park, probably not given your timescale.
    Going on holiday without taking tests, next year, yes.
    Face nappy wearing will never be compulsory.
    Yes to travelling to away games.
    So let's see.

Strange that you think Dens won't be full but you will be travelling to away games this winter.

I am pessimistic about the numbers who will turn up at Dens. Maybe took your use of the word "full" too literally. Might see 5000 before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    The vaccination doesn't prevent anyone getting any variant of covid 19, it reduces the symptoms dramatically.

In my opinion,you should already know that
    There must be something wrong with the vaccines as they should be ensuring that when people receive both vaccinations they do not get the Covid-19 virus.
    Every autumn older people in Scotland get a flu vaccination to prevent them getting the flu.
    In 1962 due to an outbreak of polio in Dundee there was a mass vaccination of the polio vaccine (again 2 separate doses) to prevent people contracting polio. You might not have been born in 1962.
    Yesterday I read in the Sunday Times newspaper that there are concerns in the U.K. about the more vaccine resistant Beta variant of the Covid-19 virus which is now prevalent in France and Spain.
    In my opinion there is no point giving everyone aged 18+ in the U.K. a third booster Covid-19 jag this Autumn if it gives less protection against the Beta variant which I think is also called the South African variant.
    I recently read in an article in a Sunday Times magazine that we will be stuck with the Covid-19 virus for the next ten years, Politicians and Health experts knew this in March 2020 but they suppressed the information as they did not want to depress the British public.
    In my opinion it is better to tell the truth at the beginning rather than release the information in ‘dribs and drabs’ resulting in people seeing no light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I know this place is a hotbed of doing whatever you like, however….

The vaccinations do not stop you passing Covid to someone else, when did the world start only caring about their own health and not giving a **** how they could affect others?

To me, if you’ve been vaccinated, then pinged, get a test and if negative go about your business. If positive, isolate.
    In that case it is imperative that people must get a PCR test at places like Kings Cross Hospital as the lateral flow test does not appear to be fit for purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I 'enclose a link' via which you can order free lateral flow tests Islay - fill yer boots

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus...ral-flow-tests
    I am not interested in the lateral flow tests as they are giving positive results when a subsequent PCR test shows that the people are negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Admire your positive outlook Bcram but have to disagree......Johnson wants out now I think, too much responsibility and did not have the balls to oppose sage.

I think you will texting exactly the same thing in March and April I'm afraid......this winter is the final battle, we lockdown our way of life is finished.
    Wait till the Beta variant arrives in the U.K. from France and Spain. Then we will be back to the beginning again.

I know it might be hard for you to believe that your current opinion is likely, in my view, to become mainstream. Things change, they always do.
    Amazingly the BBC news has started showing pictures of anti lockdown protests in Australia, Paris and London. It has taken a while but eventually the BBC has come to it senses. It might be something to do with the new GB News channel.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    There must be something wrong with the vaccines as they should be ensuring that when people receive both vaccinations they do not get the Covid-19 virus.
    Every autumn older people in Scotland get a flu vaccination to prevent them getting the flu.
    In 1962 due to an outbreak of polio in Dundee there was a mass vaccination of the polio vaccine (again 2 separate doses) to prevent people contracting polio. You might not have been born in 1962.
    Yesterday I read in the Sunday Times newspaper that there are concerns in the U.K. about the more vaccine resistant Beta variant of the Covid-19 virus which is now prevalent in France and Spain.
    In my opinion there is no point giving everyone aged 18+ in the U.K. a third booster Covid-19 jag this Autumn if it gives less protection against the Beta variant which I think is also called the South African variant.
    I recently read in an article in a Sunday Times magazine that we will be stuck with the Covid-19 virus for the next ten years, Politicians and Health experts knew this in March 2020 but they suppressed the information as they did not want to depress the British public.
    In my opinion it is better to tell the truth at the beginning rather than release the information in ‘dribs and drabs’ resulting in people seeing no light at the end of the tunnel.
    A vaccine only stops the virus developing within the vaccinated individual, it doesn't stop the virus getting to the person. The polio vaccine stopped the virus thriving within individuals, if a virus can't thrive and multiply in a host it will eventually die out.

A vaccine prevents the symptom and not the cause.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)