+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing players to positive Covid tests

Losing players to positive Covid tests

OK we've got off light and haven't had to forfeit a game but it brings home the stupidity of having perfectly fit and healthy players become unavailable for, let's face it, absolutely no reason whatsoever.

And they will keep these rules as long as the brainwashed of this country accept them without objection.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    OK we've got off light and haven't had to forfeit a game but it brings home the stupidity of having perfectly fit and healthy players become unavailable for, let's face it, absolutely no reason whatsoever.

And they will keep these rules as long as the brainwashed of this country accept them without objection.
    Is it even worth posting I agree 100%.....was all going too well.

Brainwashed.....allow themselves to be brainwashed as they don't value our way of life enough or do not have the ability to think for themselves.

It will never go back to how it was.

Yes it will. It's the news of the moment just now. Once the numbers of deaths are reported in a different way, say death from heart attack 12000 , death from lung cancer 1000, and so on down to death from covid not death with covid 100 it will be impossible for any government to justify any specific anti covid measure.
    Our leaders have been gaming the system to achieve what they think will be seen as "doing something". Seems to me that their messages are wearing thin and this latest nonsense about key workers is a classic example of the same flawed approach. Everyone who is double jabbed should be back at work and carrying on as pre covid normal. Get pinged the details of the pinged incident should be clearly explained and in particular exactly how close and for how long you were beside and within 2m of the person who caused you to be pinged. Of course that places a responsibility on you to act reasonably but a lateral flow test that shows up no virus seems to me to fit that duty. Given to you free and readily available, it seems to me that that is the least we should expect from Westminster and Holyrood.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Yes it will. It's the news of the moment just now. Once the numbers of deaths are reported in a different way, say death from heart attack 12000 , death from lung cancer 1000, and so on down to death from covid not death with covid 100 it will be impossible for any government to justify any specific anti covid measure.
    Our leaders have been gaming the system to achieve what they think will be seen as "doing something". Seems to me that their messages are wearing thin and this latest nonsense about key workers is a classic example of the same flawed approach. Everyone who is double jabbed should be back at work and carrying on as pre covid normal. Get pinged the details of the pinged incident should be clearly explained and in particular exactly how close and for how long you were beside and within 2m of the person who caused you to be pinged. Of course that places a responsibility on you to act reasonably but a lateral flow test that shows up no virus seems to me to fit that duty. Given to you free and readily available, it seems to me that that is the least we should expect from Westminster and Holyrood.
    Lateral flow test is already free and readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    In my opinion if people have received both Covid-19 vaccinations then there should be no need to self isolate if they have been pinged by the NHS App unless the Covid-19 vaccinations do not prevent people catching the Indian (Delta) strain of the Covid-19 virus.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion if people have received both Covid-19 vaccinations then there should be no need to self isolate if they have been pinged by the NHS App unless the Covid-19 vaccinations do not prevent people catching the Indian (Delta) strain of the Covid-19 virus.
    The vaccination doesn't prevent anyone getting any variant of covid 19, it reduces the symptoms dramatically.

In my opinion,you should already know that

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I know this place is a hotbed of doing whatever you like, however….

The vaccinations do not stop you passing Covid to someone else, when did the world start only caring about their own health and not giving a **** how they could affect others?

To me, if you’ve been vaccinated, then pinged, get a test and if negative go about your business. If positive, isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    The vaccination doesn't prevent anyone getting any variant of covid 19, it reduces the symptoms dramatically.

In my opinion,you should already know that
    It’s amazing to imagine he doesn’t know that, which makes the post all the more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Chemist had loads of kits and was keen to give them to my daughter. She needed to test for a hospital visit and the impression given was that the chemist was keen to dispense kits. An assumption on my part, might be wrong, but I think they should be freely available. Agree that the vaccine will not completely prevent all double jabbed from becoming infected but the severity of the infection seems to be much reduced with a significantly reduced chance of a visit to intensive care.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    In the Sunday Times newspaper dated 18th July 2021 there was an article by a Sunday Times journalist headed 6-4 to lateral flow tests.
    The journalist explained that he took a self administered lateral flow test which showed that he tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. He then took a PCR test which showed that he did not have the Covid-19 virus as it came up negative. On three occasions he took a lateral flow test which showed that he tested positive for the Covid-19 virus followed by a PCR test which was negative.
    In all he took 7 lateral flow tests in a week 6 of which showed that he had tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and one which showed that he tested negative.
    This resulted in 6 positive lateral flow tests, one negative lateral flow test and all 3 PCR tests were negative.
    The question is. How many of the 31,000 plus daily positive Covid-19 tests are lateral flow tests and how many are
    PCR tests which are taken by a health professional.
    It would be interesting to know but I doubt if we will ever get the answer even submitting a Freedom of Information request as the politicians and health experts wil not want us to know the answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)