+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dundee 5 - Forfar 2

Dundee 5 - Forfar 2

Expected the win but a bit more pleasing given the circumstances. Thought it was a good team performance with nobody really standing out. Forfar weren't exactly great but you can only beat what's laid in front of you and they did that very well.

With a few games under his belt I think Sheridan might just be a very good signing.

Hoping Sheridan really gets regular game time with us. The Canadian, forgot his name already, apologies, was not IMO, given enough game time to a.low us to easily change to a main man to getus quickly up the pitch. Hope McPake manages to get everyone, including Cummings, to realise that they all have a future with us if they play for our team and help each other. For too long I think we have been selling ourselves as a stepping stone to better things rather than a place where our players achieve better things.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Expected the win but a bit more pleasing given the circumstances. Thought it was a good team performance with nobody really standing out. Forfar weren't exactly great but you can only beat what's laid in front of you and they did that very well.

With a few games under his belt I think Sheridan might just be a very good signing.
    I thought it was a fairly easy and routine win, against an awful Forfar. Lazy and sloppy for their goals but a decent wee runout in the sun.

No stand outs but great to see mcmullan show them clean heels a load of times after the midweek horror tackle

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I thought it was a fairly easy and routine win, against an awful Forfar. Lazy and sloppy for their goals but a decent wee runout in the sun.

No stand outs but great to see mcmullan show them clean heels a load of times after the midweek horror tackle
    We need to remember that Forfar are now in League 2 facing the possibility of the relegation trap door like their near neighbours Brechin City who are now playing in the Highland League.

Don't forget we have struggled to beat lower di vision teams in the past.

Anyone know if there were unsold tics for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Anyone know if there were unsold tics for this game.
    There were no unsold tickets but the capacity a bit short of 2000 due to the groupings for people sitting together. There was literally two whole rows beside me with nobody in them

There were no unsold tickets but the capacity a bit short of 2000 due to the groupings for people sitting together. There was literally two whole rows beside me with nobody in them
    Unbelievable

It could be that there is a problem with the Dundee Football Club computer.
    In the 2018-19 season there was a special offer where you could purchase tickets for the last two home games of the season against Hamilton Accies and St Mirren for a combined lower price.
    Being in Dundee I took up the offer and went to the Dundee Direct ticket office to purchase my tickets.
    According to the club computer the two rows where I normally sit in the Main Stand were completely sold out apart from one seat at the far end of one of the rows. The row behind was also completely sold out.
    I found this very surprising as there are normally a lot of empty seats in both rows.
    When I turned up for the Hamilton game I sat in my usual seat in the Main Stand and nobody sat between me and the seat I had purchased at the end of the row.
    It was the same in the row behind with lots of empty seats.
    I can only assume that the club computer had not been updated since the Main Stand was sold out for the Doon Derby on Monday 2nd May 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It could be that there is a problem with the Dundee Football Club computer.
    In the 2018-19 season there was a special offer where you could purchase tickets for the last two home games of the season against Hamilton Accies and St Mirren for a combined lower price.
    Being in Dundee I took up the offer and went to the Dundee Direct ticket office to purchase my tickets.
    According to the club computer the two rows where I normally sit in the Main Stand were completely sold out apart from one seat at the far end of one of the rows. The row behind was also completely sold out.
    I found this very surprising as there are normally a lot of empty seats in both rows.
    When I turned up for the Hamilton game I sat in my usual seat in the Main Stand and nobody sat between me and the seat I had purchased at the end of the row.
    It was the same in the row behind with lots of empty seats.
    I can only assume that the club computer had not been updated since the Main Stand was sold out for the Doon Derby on Monday 2nd May 2016.
    Maybe the seats were allocated to season ticket holders who don't go to the games or who sit elsewhere in the stand? I have a season ticket seat beside me that is season ticketed at £1 for my grandson, he rarely goes to the games so the seat is usually empty, but it's still unavailable on the system.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)