+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second friendly done and dusted

Second friendly done and dusted

Stoat City were worthy winners Villa were untidy/disorganised in & out of possession & yards off the pace

Whilst only a preseason friendly there weren't many positives to be taken from this (cough) “performance”

If anyone can explain why Brad Young & Louie Barry are not getting a run out I would appreciate hearing it !

Because if Davies & Wesley are our designated back up strikers we are in for a tough time should Ollie Watkins gets injured I have seen more movement at forensic autopsies than these two offer then to compound to the frustration Wesley reacted to a handbags situation & was deservedly shown a straight red card

Finally who is the irritating “herbert” that commentates on A V T V he would send a glass eye to sleep, five minutes of listening to his monotone drivel & death looses all its fear !
    Last edited by freer; 24-07-2021 at 04:30 PM. Reason: wrong

Well there goes Davies opportunity for a loan move to Stoke gone. Wez is a weird one. Villa need to make a decision asap if to keep him or not.

Oh dear, reality check! Wes and Davis just not up to it, get Tammy in and play Ollie wide, its a long old season and we need strength in depth. Of course this was Stoke's big day and they played it seriously and deserved their win but today, the lads may well have stayed at home to watch the Olympics and a deserved GB womens win.
    What this will do is send the alarm bells ringing, an injury to Ollie and we are in the brown stuff, we need a decent striker in reserve or forget a top 8 finish, anyone thinking higher are either deluded or suffering from long covid!

Is it just me or does anyone else think Traore could do a good job upfront?

Looking at the highlights I think he was tried in a more narrow position but for a guy who is scared to head the ball, I do not think thats going to happen, with Lange after two more wingers, we do have a problem up front.

Strange how in these edited highlights we appear moderately better than I recall

God only knows Quite what Dean Smith must have been thought watching Wesley’s demoniac response to a nothing situation – though we have witnessed this type of reaction by Wesley prior to his cruciate knee ligament !

Marvelous Nakamba & Guilbert were amongst the few positives in this low key Villa performance

https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/dm9kJ...ZmVlZA?lang=en

Haven't seen any of the game but good to have these issues become known sooner rather than later, Wes has been one of our most expensive buys to date and the coaching staff must see some positives in training or surely by now he'd be heading out on loan. Looks awkward to me though and his stroppy attitude on the pitch makes him look a right muppet.

Maybe the attitude has come from the fact he has been Found Out and its sheer frustration at not being capable. Cannot blame the injury now..

I fear for Wesley’s future at the club. Not cos he was sent off, but the manner of it. Defenders and DMs are gonna be licking their lips at the prospect of winding Wes up. If a backstreet WUM like Powel can do it within minutes of Wes coming on, then proper players will have us down to ten men in no time.

Oh, and he’s sh1t as well.

Powell is a total tool, he was billy big balls at Crewe and got found out when he went to Man Ure . My kids went to school with him, and tbf if I had the chance I'd head butt him too. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)