+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best shanks moment

Best shanks moment

Lots to choose from but favourites for me

1st

Second goal v Dundee when he took the ball mid height ghosted past a few fun defenders and slotted it away. Decided a tight and important match

2nd

The ross county opening goal this last season. Classic shanks and stopped the rot where we couldn’t buy a win before

3rd

Strong Header v Arbroath where we turned it around - 2 goals that sent us on the run that won us title

Lots to choose from but these my favourites

A genuine goalscorer who instinctively knew where the goal was

Delighted to have seen him in tangerine

I would say it has to be Peter's buyout clause prediction 👍🍺

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I would say it has to be Peter's buyout clause prediction ����
    Yes that was a defining moment in the career of LOA when Peter informed us that his contract was virtually worthless to us.My favourite moment of his time with us was the very day he signed.
    When that scarf went above his head i knew that our days in oblivion were coming to an end,i heard stories that when he was on his way to Tannadice to sign agents were calling him in his car trying to persuade him to go elsewhere for more money,i will be forever grateful to LOA for keeping to his word and signing for Dundee United.
    Without any shadow of a doubt this was the greatest achievement of the current regime and i include Tony in that.I can only hope and pray that he and our owners can deliver something similar now, failure to do so could send us back to the pre Shankland days and oblivion again.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I would say it has to be Peter's buyout clause prediction 👍🍺
    We'll find out soon enough what he went to the Belgian giants for...I know you don't believe it was anything like a million 😄

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    We'll find out soon enough what he went to the Belgian giants for...I know you don't believe it was anything like a million 😄
    Likely around £500k with add ons that could take it to £1M

Which is £450k and £950k more than you got for Kamara ✅ 🙈

£50k for a player they'll sell for millions. But you're the experts when it comes to finance 😁

Will be remembered as one of the best to pull on tangerine.

So many good goals. Scoring against Dundee at Dens was glorious.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 00.36.40.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  19.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    When that scarf went above his head i knew that our days in oblivion were coming to an end,.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 00.31.09.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  19.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Lots to choose from but favourites for me

Second goal v Dundee when he took the ball mid height ghosted past a few fun defenders and slotted it away. Decided a tight and important match

Delighted to have seen him in tangerine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71VArKtkfVg

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)