Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
You stifle that enthusiasm, you will kill his confidence
He's best playing with freedom, anyway it was a pleasure to see, and I wouldn't get him to change a thing.Mr Cocu !
Thanks for the insult eddy. Totally unnecessary. I'm not advocating stifling his enthusiasm. It's good to see. However, I would advocate him being more positionally disciplined. This was his debut and he wanted to impress. IMO he would have been better off showing a bit more discipline so as not to disrupt the shape of the team. When he decided tot pop up on the right, that left a hole down our left. Sibley dropped back to cover thereby decreasing our attacking possibilities by being shorthanded further up the pitch.

Forums are about opinion. We have differing ones on the 20 minute cameo he had. No problems there. His performance and my view on it is purely over those 20 minutes. It does not define my idea of what he might do further on in his career. His teammates and the staff have faith in him. I accept that. That doesn't stop me having an opinion on his 20 minutes. That 20 does not define his future. I hope he gets more time and applies a bit more discipline to his role at left back.