Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Salford friendly

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,117

    Salford friendly

    Watched the Salford Friendly

    Didn't see any positives
    We are desperate for two new centre backs A couple who can dominate in the air. If anyone thinks any at the club at the moment are the answer....... don't think so, Wisdom showed he's never a centre back
    and should just go
    Why do we constantly have the ball a yard ahead, check back and play it back to someone under pressure, it does my head in. what's wrong with looking forward a bit more
    Oh and if Forest think Buchannan is all that, their scouting is suspect, don't get the hype myself

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    I only saw the highlights, Morrison looked good , Was that Wisdom under their forward for their second goal? Worst jump since Les Green v Man U in 1970

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,969
    Their 2nd. Stearman was marking fresh air at the near post. Wisdom was central marking their striker. The ball went over both of them to the guy who headed it in who had McDonald coming in late to try to mark him.

    How was that goal Wisdom's fault?

    I agree that we need at least 1 CD in but we have to remember that we can only sign a max of 4 players on contracts severely in both length and wages. Beggars can't be choosers. That's a fact a lot of DCFC fans seem to have forgotten.

    Buchanan wasn't on it yesterday. Agreed. However, writing him off after 45 minutes is a bit shortsighted IMO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Their 2nd. Stearman was marking fresh air at the near post. Wisdom was central marking their striker. The ball went over both of them to the guy who headed it in who had McDonald coming in late to try to mark him.

    How was that goal Wisdom's fault?

    I agree that we need at least 1 CD in but we have to remember that we can only sign a max of 4 players on contracts severely in both length and wages. Beggars can't be choosers. That's a fact a lot of DCFC fans seem to have forgotten.

    Buchanan wasn't on it yesterday. Agreed. However, writing him off after 45 minutes is a bit shortsighted IMO.
    Who's writing Buchannan off after 45 minutes ? imo I don't think he's as good as some think over the period he's been in the team

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    9,413
    Being a Derby supporter at the moment is thoroughly demoralising. How can anyone get excited about potential new signings, eg Morrison and Carroll, when we really don’t know whether their presence in the preseason side is anything more than them being put in the ‘shop window’ for other clubs to leap in and buy?
    I can’t imagine it’s much different for the players, and there’ll be plenty of other clubs just waiting to profit from our misfortune/financial ****ups, just as we would, and have, from others in the past.
    Given that situation, with players not knowing what the future holds, I agree with MA...difficult to judge on current form but, imo, both Wisdom and Buchanan are two of the few who have proved their worth when it’s mattered and we should be looking to keep them both.

    As regards CD...isn’t Mengi expected to return?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-07-2021 at 09:41 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19,271
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Who's writing Buchannan off after 45 minutes ? imo I don't think he's as good as some think over the period he's been in the team
    Has anyone considered he's been unsettled?
    No one knows what he's been told by the club or his agent?
    Young kid with a mountain of choices or doubt

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Did anyone notice what a bad game Buchannan had again against Real Betis
    Was out of position numerous times in the first half
    When the seven**** year old kid came on second half he looked miles better and we looked more solid and threatening
    I wonder if that's why he was pulled off at half time
    He sadly has no confidence to go forward , is scared to take the ball down the line and When we are half way in the opponents half with a throw he takes an age and slings it back to the centre back losing us all momentum
    Not trying to slate him but if we can sell I would!
    3million would be great
    We need quick thinking players

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Did anyone notice what a bad game Buchannan had again against Real Betis
    Was out of position numerous times in the first half
    When the seven**** year old kid came on second half he looked miles better and we looked more solid and threatening
    I wonder if that's why he was pulled off at half time
    He sadly has no confidence to go forward , is scared to take the ball down the line and When we are half way in the opponents half with a throw he takes an age and slings it back to the centre back losing us all momentum
    Not trying to slate him but if we can sell I would!
    3million would be great
    We need quick thinking players
    I didn't see the game but that was my opinion of him often last season

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,969
    At the start he was, indeed, too far inside (as have all our full backs been for at least 3 years) to be able to do the defensive jobs of a full back which, IMO are:

    1. be close enough to the wide man to put him under immediate pressure or, better
    2. be close enough to the wide man to puta tackle in or, better still
    3. be close enough to the wide man to be able to intercept the pass
    4. stop crosses coming in

    halfway through the first half he stopped going so far inside and did all 4 jobs.

    IMO, he, and all our other full backs for at least 3 years have been guilty of this error. IMO they have all been playing to order. The various managers are the ones at fault. You can't blame players for doing what the affre tells them to do.

    Williams? When he came on he put himself about.... almost everywhere except left back. He turned up on the right, he was up in attack. He was demanding the ball in a position where you would expect Carroll or Bird to be in their role as DM. Good to see his enthusiasm and his wanting the ball but he needs to concentrate on the position he's supposed to be in. The rest will come in time.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    At the start he was, indeed, too far inside (as have all our full backs been for at least 3 years) to be able to do the defensive jobs of a full back which, IMO are:

    1. be close enough to the wide man to put him under immediate pressure or, better
    2. be close enough to the wide man to puta tackle in or, better still
    3. be close enough to the wide man to be able to intercept the pass
    4. stop crosses coming in

    halfway through the first half he stopped going so far inside and did all 4 jobs.

    IMO, he, and all our other full backs for at least 3 years have been guilty of this error. IMO they have all been playing to order. The various managers are the ones at fault. You can't blame players for doing what the affre tells them to do.

    Williams? When he came on he put himself about.... almost everywhere except left back. He turned up on the right, he was up in attack. He was demanding the ball in a position where you would expect Carroll or Bird to be in their role as DM. Good to see his enthusiasm and his wanting the ball but he needs to concentrate on the position he's supposed to be in. The rest will come in time.
    You stifle that enthusiasm, you will kill his confidence
    He's best playing with freedom, anyway it was a pleasure to see, and I wouldn't get him to change a thing.Mr Cocu !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •