+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So this is what we are paying Roberts for

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Why oh why - is it really worth arguing every point or resorting to insults with those with whom you disagree?

It’s about opinions, not about always being right, surely?
    Takes two m8, remove the blinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Don't give two hooters what you think,do or write but the constant moaning theme particularly regarding money matters tell people a lot about your psyche & persona.

As for the missing points dig - I cannot recall you contributing a positive point worth merit regarding Leeds United over the years reading this forum.This thread alone shows what your mentality consists of in context its title.

But I'm an easy target for your venom as a woman related to Mrs O,leaving my country and actually physically being able to attend Leeds Utd matches,all of which obviously rattles you into spending the small hours of night into writing such comments as in post 26.

Well this'll be my last post for a while but the Leeds tickets offer to you from the 'Leeds representative' (My Mum/MrsO) still stand.
    A Yorkshireman keen on making sure there is value for money gained when money spent, and expressing "concern" when that isn't the case (IMHO), shocking!

As to being positive on occasion, you don't do much research do you? Go back a while (promotion from LG1, and to the PL and performances during the seasons leading up to each, not so hard using the tools Footymad makes available).

An "easy target" for my venom.....truly thin skinned if you think my comments about you, the subjects you post about/respond to amount to venom, not even close. And who you are, your lineage or club privileges amount to less than a hill of beans in keeping me awake at night, you and yours are not that important I assure you.

As for the offer of tickets, isn't that part if the problem, rank having its privilges

What the blinkers that come from us being back in the Prem, having an excellent manager, a sensible ownership and leadership group, good signings and a humble motivated squad of players.

I fee a little sorry/sad for you that amongst these roay times you still manage to find a negative to bang on about or seek to call people silly/stupid/condescending etc if they deign to accentuate the positive.

Hey ho variety the so called spice of life! I hope you are at least enjoying some of the current journey.

What the blinkers that come from us being back in the Prem, having an excellent manager, a sensible ownership and leadership group, good signings and a humble motivated squad of players.

I fee a little sorry/sad for you that amongst these roay times you still manage to find a negative to bang on about or seek to call people silly/stupid/condescending etc if they deign to accentuate the positive.

Hey ho variety the so called spice of life! I hope you are at least enjoying some of the current journey.
    Since when was suggesting I "have a threesome" with Roberts and his squeeze over hotdogs etc "accentuating the positive" (apart from a more frugal spend pattern from Mr Roberts)? Like I said, take off the blinkers, if people dish it they ought to be prepared to take it.

Ladies and Gents..and Billy and Andy,,,,,could you all please chill the feck out and save the bickering for when the season starts.

The Rev Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Ladies and Gents..and Billy and Andy,,,,,could you all please chill the feck out and save the bickering for when the season starts.

The Rev Xxx
    You know Rev, my original post was a tad "tongue in cheek" (whos tongue in who's cheek I will leave to your imagination), but perhaps I should have guessed that some would spring to Roberts "defence" and others would just throw insults around.

I can live with either/both and frankly given the lack of anything else LUFC-related to discuss (apart from the new kit and Alioski off to the desert), at least there are some posts arriving!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As someone who has paid his membership and matchday fees which directly or indirectly go to fund the lifestyle of LUFC players, I respectfully disagree. If he was any good and worth what he gets paid I wouldn't be quite so "exercised" and the jealousy Rev mentions would be mixed with respect. As it is, he isn't and the jealousy is mixed instead with annoyance at the waste of the clubs resources.
    so your employers get to tell you how to spend your salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    so your employers get to tell you how to spend your salary?
    Someone else who really doesn't understand the difference between a company listed on the stock exchange and one owned and controlled in its entirety, including the remuneration policy wrt to players and staff alike, by a small number of private shareholders, (hence why HOs analogy of supermarket shopping was so monumentally wide of the mark).

To address both posts (maybe);

I can buy milk etc at any number of places, depending on price, convenience, quality, etc etc, competition for my custom ensuring that retailers (of milk and just about everything else) perform adequately. The last time I looked, there was only one LUFC, so if I want to watch LUFC there is just one supplier, and that supplier isn't subject to any of the corporate controls that apply to publicly quoted companies wrt to remuneration (even for the highest paid executives). So if I lay down my hard-earned cash to watch LUFC, each and every player is subject to a scrutiny on my part that is simply irrelevant when compared to milk, cans of beans etc, hence comparing my attitude to each is, as previously indicated, facile, as is comment about my employer dictating how I spend my money (did I suggest LUFC management should dictate how Roberts or any other player spend their kings ransom?).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Someone else who really doesn't understand the difference between a company listed on the stock exchange and one owned and controlled in its entirety, including the remuneration policy wrt to players and staff alike, by a small number of private shareholders, (hence why HOs analogy of supermarket shopping was so monumentally wide of the mark).

To address both posts (maybe);

I can buy milk etc at any number of places, depending on price, convenience, quality, etc etc, competition for my custom ensuring that retailers (of milk and just about everything else) perform adequately. The last time I looked, there was only one LUFC, so if I want to watch LUFC there is just one supplier, and that supplier isn't subject to any of the corporate controls that apply to publicly quoted companies wrt to remuneration (even for the highest paid executives). So if I lay down my hard-earned cash to watch LUFC, each and every player is subject to a scrutiny on my part that is simply irrelevant when compared to milk, cans of beans etc, hence comparing my attitude to each is, as previously indicated, facile, as is comment about my employer dictating how I spend my money (did I suggest LUFC management should dictate how Roberts or any other player spend their kings ransom?).
    Interesting how the response triangulates in different posts and you can scrutinise how Robert’s spends his cash but LUFC can’t - interesting - keep on digging you will soon be through to the other side and will be able to shake Oz’s hand direct ……😆

Interesting how the response triangulates in different posts and you can scrutinise how Robert’s spends his cash but LUFC can’t - interesting - keep on digging you will soon be through to the other side and will be able to shake Oz’s hand direct ……😆
    And yet again you demonstrate your inestimable ability to obfuscate and confuse.

I can scrutinise anything I like, but choose to do so for those matters where I have a legitimate right to do so and Riberts remuneration falls into that category. If LUFC choose to do so for their players, that is their right as the employer of said player (I suspect if players expenditure was found to include a certain white powder, the favours of certain "personal service providers", the club would most certainly have something to say (you would hope!).

If you can't see the difference (and where appropriate the similarity), you make my point for me.

I'm in no hole, shame you can't see that either.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)