+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So this is what we are paying Roberts for

Just came across a disturbing video simulating what goes on in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So when the club continues to f00k up spending what is essentially my money, just BECAUSE they continue to f00k up, I (and others, I'm not so alone as some might think), should just shut the f00k and let them continue to waste my money?

Examples; New and more lucrative contracts for Roberts and Costa, funds spent in releasing the clown and the salary paid to him for next to f00k all last season, and the £19m we are still on the hook for that "good bit of business (remember that comment from BB?) that brought the wonderful JKA to us (briefly). Millions spent over multiple seasons in acquiring players for the "junior" teams who have been given ni opportunity to demonstrate their worth (and if they have none, why the f00k are they still with us, plenty aren't??)

We just ignore such multi-million pound f00k ups because Radrizzani, Orta and Bielsa are such wonderful businessmen? They do good things and I commend them accordingly, but they are most definitely NOT infallible and should be reminded of that regularly (although I suspect most are reluctant to do so)
    I'm sure we all understand by now what your thoughts are on such issues...but how many times do you want to go over it? I think you are making your own pi#s boil ! 😮

So when the club continues to f00k up spending what is essentially my money, just BECAUSE they continue to f00k up, I (and others, I'm not so alone as some might think), should just shut the f00k and let them continue to waste my money?

Examples; New and more lucrative contracts for Roberts and Costa, funds spent in releasing the clown and the salary paid to him for next to f00k all last season, and the £19m we are still on the hook for that "good bit of business (remember that comment from BB?) that brought the wonderful JKA to us (briefly). Millions spent over multiple seasons in acquiring players for the "junior" teams who have been given ni opportunity to demonstrate their worth (and if they have none, why the f00k are they still with us, plenty aren't??)

We just ignore such multi-million pound f00k ups because Radrizzani, Orta and Bielsa are such wonderful businessmen? They do good things and I commend them accordingly, but they are most definitely NOT infallible and should be reminded of that regularly (although I suspect most are reluctant to do so)
    How much do you spend on Leeds per year? I don’t suspect it comes even close to paying an hour’s wages for the top earners - so how can you suggest that they are wasting your money?

In addition, I suspect there are as many who support the club on here with their hard earned cash who are happy with the approach.

Legally, it simply is not your money you are not a shareholder of director of the club so your argument which credit to you is one you have clung to is flawed on so many levels. We got your point whether we agreed with it or not in the first couple of points - what has followed shows the sort of chutzpah demonstrated by Boris Johnson when he knows his arguments doesn’t stand up.

Some of your arguments to me have the logic of - he doesn’t like honey therefore he cannot drive an Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    How much do you spend on Leeds per year? I don’t suspect it comes even close to paying an hour’s wages for the top earners - so how can you suggest that they are wasting your money?

In addition, I suspect there are as many who support the club on here with their hard earned cash who are happy with the approach.

Legally, it simply is not your money you are not a shareholder of director of the club so your argument which credit to you is one you have clung to is flawed on so many levels. We got your point whether we agreed with it or not in the first couple of points - what has followed shows the sort of chutzpah demonstrated by Boris Johnson when he knows his arguments doesn’t stand up.

Some of your arguments to me have the logic of - he doesn’t like honey therefore he cannot drive an Audi.
    As with the post from Tich (and others of yours), the claim I'm using flawed logic is rank hypocrisy.

Since when did the amount of money spent qualify in any way the nature of any waste if saud money? Spend a pound on a piece if sh1t, or a hundred pounds on a piece of sh1t, it's still a piece if sh1t and unless you like sh1t its a waste of your money.

I don't care how much anyone else spends on LUFC nor whether they think they get value for money. It's their money, they can do what they like with it (as does Roberts, but paid a wage that, even in the smallest way, I contribute to).

As for not being a shareholder, correct. LUFC isn't a listed company so I can't buy shares so the only "stake" I have is that I earn by buying tickets and merchandise and that (IMHO), entitles me to a view on the value for money I get for those goods/services (perhaps there are those who think the price for new kit is fair, or not?)

As with the post from Tich (and others of yours), the claim I'm using flawed logic is rank hypocrisy.

Since when did the amount of money spent qualify in any way the nature of any waste if saud money? Spend a pound on a piece if sh1t, or a hundred pounds on a piece of sh1t, it's still a piece if sh1t and unless you like sh1t its a waste of your money.

I don't care how much anyone else spends on LUFC nor whether they think they get value for money. It's their money, they can do what they like with it (as does Roberts, but paid a wage that, even in the smallest way, I contribute to).

As for not being a shareholder, correct. LUFC isn't a listed company so I can't buy shares so the only "stake" I have is that I earn by buying tickets and merchandise and that (IMHO), entitles me to a view on the value for money I get for those goods/services (perhaps there are those who think the price for new kit is fair, or not?)
    You can buy shares but only if you know the existing shareholders and they are prepared to sell to you - given it is not a listed company.

Expressing a view on how they spend their money is entirely separate from asserting they are spending your money and how have some form of say as to how they go about it.

If you don’t like how they operate then don’t spend your money - that is the virtue of capitalism.

I get that you will say football clubs are a little different as the fans embody the club to a degree but if you were to do a straw poll on here I suspect most would say they were very happy with the club and how it is run at the moment - this the majority are okay with it so why should your view take precedence - that is not how democracy works.

I really don’t mind you have different views and you often make good or amusing points but I don’t understand why you need to bend other people to your point of view and accept you are right and if they don’t then resort to insults. For example, Monaco - she posts some interesting stuff and often offers a different point of view but in the last few weeks some of your comments have been a little harsh.

Anyway the season is soon upon us and I have boundless optimism that we will be good to watch I even look forward to the Bielsafication of Robert’s a la Bamford.

MOT

PS you ask us to explain why we disagree which is why we do so when we do you then resort to standard brickbats of obfuscation, hypocrisy, illogical or just **** WIT. I don’t get the aggression unless you are distantly related to Dennis Wise
    Last edited by hopelesslyoptimistic; 30-07-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    You can buy shares but only if you know the existing shareholders and they are prepared to sell to you - given it is not a listed company.

Expressing a view on how they spend their money is entirely separate from asserting they are spending your money and how have some form of say as to how they go about it.

If you don’t like how they operate then don’t spend your money - that is the virtue of capitalism.

I get that you will say football clubs are a little different as the fans embody the club to a degree but if you were to do a straw poll on here I suspect most would say they were very happy with the club and how it is run at the moment - this the majority are okay with it so why should your view take precedence - that is not how democracy works.

I really don’t mind you have different views and you often make good or amusing points but I don’t understand why you need to bend other people to your point of view and accept you are right and if they don’t then resort to insults. For example, Monaco - she posts some interesting stuff and often offers a different point of view but in the last few weeks some of your comments have been a little harsh.

Anyway the season is soon upon us and I have boundless optimism that we will be good to watch I even look forward to the Bielsafication of Robert’s a la Bamford.

MOT

PS you ask us to explain why we disagree which is why we do so when we do you then resort to standard brickbats of obfuscation, hypocrisy, illogical or just **** WIT. I don’t get the aggression unless you are distantly related to Dennis Wise

Very well put my man - but alas your efforts are completely wasted on our resident moaner. as stated previously the same theme of dissatisfaction from WTF has been shared endlessly for the last ten years, wether justified or not it's a relentless diatribe of being unhappy with the Directors/Victor/Management/Players/ Prices.... unfortunately he also has to have the last word on every bloody thread... relentless moaning irrespective of how the team/club are currently performing. I could guarantee thet even if we where to finish top four next season he would bty July have found some issue to moan or gripe about, as I have said its relentless and has been for at least ten years - just the way he is made.

PS - I've been staying in Chandlers ford - just outside Easleigh for the last two weeks - thank God I didn't run into old misery guts !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Very well put my man - but alas your efforts are completely wasted on our resident moaner. as stated previously the same theme of dissatisfaction from WTF has been shared endlessly for the last ten years, wether justified or not it's a relentless diatribe of being unhappy with the Directors/Victor/Management/Players/ Prices.... unfortunately he also has to have the last word on every bloody thread... relentless moaning irrespective of how the team/club are currently performing. I could guarantee thet even if we where to finish top four next season he would bty July have found some issue to moan or gripe about, as I have said its relentless and has been for at least ten years - just the way he is made.

PS - I've been staying in Chandlers ford - just outside Easleigh for the last two weeks - thank God I didn't run into old misery guts !!
    Sometimes I wonder where the likes of HO or BB finish and you or Pete start. Never mind. As per a few others, but perhaps for different reasons, I have decided that being one of the few to voice anything other than ar5e-licking fawning for everything that happens at ER, no matter what, I have better things to do with my time, so will be abstaining from further contributions for the foreseeable, enjoy the back-slapping boys.
    Last edited by WTF11; 30-07-2021 at 09:58 PM.

8 pages of this ****.....

Sometimes I wonder where the likes of HO or BB finish and you or Pete start. Never mind. As per a few others, but perhaps for different reasons, I have decided that being one of the few to voice anything other than ar5e-licking fawning for everything that happens at ER, no matter what, I have better things to do with my time, so will be abstaining from further contributions for the foreseeable, enjoy the back-slapping boys.
    Dont think you have anything else to do with your time,

People aren't arse licking, people just want to enjoy the success we are currently having rather than whining about minute issues like whether you think what Roberts is earning is justified.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)