+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So this is what we are paying Roberts for

Someone give that guy a hug seems upset.
    Meanwhile Costa and Roberts are the stars of the show as leeds are playing Blackburn reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Usual pile of contradictory old tosh - Roberts is a member of Leeds utd squad - as such he plays quite regularly, and as such contributes to the success or otherwise of said club. This can be measured by the success or otherwise of the team on the field - and over the last two/three seasons Leeds utd have been relatively successful - say compared to the previous 15 or so seasons, and compared to say some other comparable sized clubs - and to the outlay each club has made in terms of player wages.

On the other hand, your favorite youngster Mr Gelldhart - though appearing to be a good player - but not yet measured as such in the big league, has yet to contribute ANYTHING to the success or otherwise of Leeds Utd in terms of Premiership results, the same can be said for many more Leeds Utd squad players - BUT I don't see the same level of bile leveled at him or any others???

I do recall over various close seasons though, your antagonism and dismay about Leeds aquiring various other current first team squad players - who have also contributed to the success of our rejuvenated club - ie - Rodrigo, Llorente, Harrison, to name just three - but it would appear that as you haven't come accross much about their choice of girlfriends - they havent quite upset you to the same degree - although they where all deemed equally "Sh it" at one point or another by your good self - usually before having even kicked a ball for the team.

But you just carry on picking an argument with every poster on here..... for at least ten years you have been doing it that I can remember, and unfortunately you seem to be getting even grumpier with age.

Suppose I have to admire your staying power and consistency in ailienating virtually every poster over the same period.
    So much complete nonsense in that, replying is simply not worth so much effort.

I'll just point out the glaringly obvious, that if a player is never selected for the 1st team, it makes contributing to that team a tad difficult.

Tell you what, let's see what Roberts contributes in the coming season, hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Someone give that guy a hug seems upset.
    Meanwhile Costa and Roberts are the stars of the show as leeds are playing Blackburn reserves.
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Usual pile of contradictory old tosh - Roberts is a member of Leeds utd squad - as such he plays quite regularly, and as such contributes to the success or otherwise of said club. This can be measured by the success or otherwise of the team on the field - and over the last two/three seasons Leeds utd have been relatively successful - say compared to the previous 15 or so seasons, and compared to say some other comparable sized clubs - and to the outlay each club has made in terms of player wages.

On the other hand, your favorite youngster Mr Gelldhart - though appearing to be a good player - but not yet measured as such in the big league, has yet to contribute ANYTHING to the success or otherwise of Leeds Utd in terms of Premiership results, the same can be said for many more Leeds Utd squad players - BUT I don't see the same level of bile leveled at him or any others???

I do recall over various close seasons though, your antagonism and dismay about Leeds aquiring various other current first team squad players - who have also contributed to the success of our rejuvenated club - ie - Rodrigo, Llorente, Harrison, to name just three - but it would appear that as you haven't come accross much about their choice of girlfriends - they havent quite upset you to the same degree - although they where all deemed equally "Sh it" at one point or another by your good self - usually before having even kicked a ball for the team.

But you just carry on picking an argument with every poster on here..... for at least ten years you have been doing it that I can remember, and unfortunately you seem to be getting even grumpier with age.

Suppose I have to admire your staying power and consistency in ailienating virtually every poster over the same period.
    Just one further request, please point out the contradictions in my post (instead of claiming they exist and failing to evidence the assertion)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Just one further request, please point out the contradictions in my post (instead of claiming they exist and failing to evidence the assertion)?
    Physician heal yourself

Season hasnt kicked off but some things never change on here, Or should i say some people...

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Season hasnt kicked off but some things never change on here, Or should i say some people...
    Since when did the start and/or finish to a season dictate whether the forum is "active"? Having said that, had I not started this thread, no matter what the varying opinions expressed, the forum would have been a dustbowl over recent days.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Since when did the start and/or finish to a season dictate whether the forum is "active"? Having said that, had I not started this thread, no matter what the varying opinions expressed, the forum would have been a dustbowl over recent days.
    Not sure he is implying that people shouldn't be initiating views....it's more that it is the same old same old themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Not sure he is implying that people shouldn't be initiating views....it's more that it is the same old same old themes.
    So when the club continues to f00k up spending what is essentially my money, just BECAUSE they continue to f00k up, I (and others, I'm not so alone as some might think), should just shut the f00k and let them continue to waste my money?

Examples; New and more lucrative contracts for Roberts and Costa, funds spent in releasing the clown and the salary paid to him for next to f00k all last season, and the £19m we are still on the hook for that "good bit of business (remember that comment from BB?) that brought the wonderful JKA to us (briefly). Millions spent over multiple seasons in acquiring players for the "junior" teams who have been given ni opportunity to demonstrate their worth (and if they have none, why the f00k are they still with us, plenty aren't??)

We just ignore such multi-million pound f00k ups because Radrizzani, Orta and Bielsa are such wonderful businessmen? They do good things and I commend them accordingly, but they are most definitely NOT infallible and should be reminded of that regularly (although I suspect most are reluctant to do so)

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Bite your tongue I have changed gone from eating canned tuna and bread to milk and bread.
    People should never change they are what they are if others want to commentate about them so be it it is a free world for the most part of it.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)