+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That bench yesterday.

That bench yesterday.

If you ever need to question the lack of depth at the club,that bench yesterday summed it up.
    Apparently we were uninspiring against Bradford and having a bench full of kids is not the way to kick start us.
    Its just a friendly but the worrying signs are there for all to see.
    Luton Town have a worse budget than us but look miles better than us in the way the way they are run and have been very proactive in the transfer market.
    When did we ever think that little old Luton would be miles better than Blackburn Rovers but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    If you ever need to question the lack of depth at the club,that bench yesterday summed it up.
    Apparently we were uninspiring against Bradford and having a bench full of kids is not the way to kick start us.
    Its just a friendly but the worrying signs are there for all to see.
    Luton Town have a worse budget than us but look miles better than us in the way the way they are run and have been very proactive in the transfer market.
    When did we ever think that little old Luton would be miles better than Blackburn Rovers but here we are.
    It was just a pre-season kick about where we took a bunch of kids for a run out with no manager.
    It stretches legs and thats it. Yesterday will have absolutely no baring in the league.

Aren't Luton just a nothing club going absolutely nowhere like most of this division? I would say they are no bigger or smaller than us historically, get bigger crowds than us and Luton is about double the size of Blackburn?
    I heard people getting excited about Barnsley last season. They acheived what we did. Nowt.
    Now the managers been taken I would put them down as bottom 4 certs.

The fact we got a load of rubbish off our wage structure who where not playing, always injured, didnt contribute a thing anyway .....should put us in a much better position this season.
    He has alot less rubbish to choose from every week.
    And for anyone wondering, we will finish around 15th. If we keep Armstrong, which we will.

Kenilworth Road gets capacity each home game,which I around 10000,so no they don't get more.
    My brother in law supports them so it's even more upsetting to see them in a better place than us.
    They are even talking up a top 6 place personally I can't see this happening but we will probably be nowhere near them which is embarrassing in itself.

Kenilworth Road gets capacity each home game,which I around 10000,so no they don't get more.
    My brother in law supports them so it's even more upsetting to see them in a better place than us.
    They are even talking up a top 6 place personally I can't see this happening but we will probably be nowhere near them which is embarrassing in itself.
    If they get 10k, they get more than us.
    Next season we will be lucky to get 5k for home games.
    We have sold 3 thousand tickets.
    This time 2 seasons ago we had sold 8 thousand.

They can talk top 6 all they like lol
    I will bet my life they will be ****e. Do you seriously Bell will go and improve them and drive them forward?
    Ok, maybe we could have kept him around, a lad who strolled about and never once took his chance. I'll be my life we have signed a better one from Crewe and I bet in a few season who will be where in their career and division.
    I hope Luton fans are thinking about the top 6 with signings like Bell. My god, have they asked why we arent keeping him? And we aren't exactly going anywhere. Looking at the bits of business they have, I can't see anything special at all.

They aren't in a better place than us at all.

We will see at the end of the season.
    Our attendance at home as a whole was never under 10k(cup games apart)so we will still get more but that isn't taking away from the fact of how we are slowly dying as a club.
    That rose is looking pretty withered.

We will see at the end of the season.
    Our attendance at home as a whole was never under 10k(cup games apart)so we will still get more but that isn't taking away from the fact of how we are slowly dying as a club.
    That rose is looking pretty withered.
    that was 2 years ago. 2 years ago we sold just short of 8 thousand season tickets. I was one of those unlucky ones.
    2 years later, as of this morning, we have sold no more than 3 thousand season tickets. Not anymore we won't get those extra fans like me in going.
    Football is dying Robin, we are merley a poor relation in all of that. We cant survive in this market. And are simply treading water until the inevitable outcome.
    My interest died about 2 seasons ago. Football is dying in this country slowly but surley.
    This modern era of Man Utd and England fans are here, and most of them arent actually football fans.

Unless something drastic happens, it will carry on like this. And the worst offenders? Championship clubs. Pretty much all of them. Chasing a dream going tens (hundreds in our case) of millions in debt with no sustainable business plan.
    The disgusting parachute payment system which is killing the rest of football.

And the vest majority of games are painfully poor.
    I have never given less of a ****e about a season starting than this one forthcoming.

I am really not interested either and with Barr leaving today and apparently the head of academy recruitment is considering leaving,it almost has the feel of rats leaving a sinking ship.
    Both kits look great but let's be honest that is one positive in a field full of negatives.
    This season will be long and painful,which will end in us going belly up.

I am really not interested either and with Barr leaving today and apparently the head of academy recruitment is considering leaving,it almost has the feel of rats leaving a sinking ship.
    Both kits look great but let's be honest that is one positive in a field full of negatives.
    This season will be long and painful,which will end in us going belly up.
    I don't mind movement behind the scenes. Not sure what good Barr was actually doing.
    I felt for a long time the whole thing behind the scenes needs a change. Same voices, results are simply not good enough. Not really sure why bother carrying on having an academy. We aren't producing anything that is going to keep us going. We aren't producing top players.
    I think our transfer policy has been hit and miss at best and that's being kind.
    I feel the whole thing needs freshening up but we have no money so that would be a bad idea.
    I wonder what the crowd will be first game?
    My guess is 5 and a half thousand. Which will reduce over time dependant on results.

My feeling on all of this, its irrelevant who in the background is in which position. At this level, they will all be much of a muchness, hence I don't believe anything will really change if they changed manager.

The kit looks nice, we have a got rid of some rubbish, probably won't bring much else in. But again, none of that matters much.

It's the 3 thousand season tickets they have sold. That's what will kill them.

I keep seeing comments about the some guy nobody knows in the background, who has left. Whatever his role, he was clearly failing. So that's no big deal. The kit, the pitch, players etc. But nothing about what money is coming through the gates. Without fans we die, its as simple as that. Nothing else matters.

The biggest talking point within the club currently is how many match day stewards we will need. Will we be better closing the whole ground down apart from one stand, the Jack walker. From the opening day until Xmas they are pretty much decided on that. There is simply nothing coming in from matchday revenue. Close 3 sides of the ground, and we are almost dead.

Not sure anyone is quite grasping the reality of all this. I actually heard some guy online talking about our chances of promotion.
    If we manage to navigate through the season without folding, they will be doing well.
    But all that will do is mount more and more debt. Which will have to be dealt with one day.

I'd start questioning if they actually need Ewood anymore. And face up to reality. Sell that Brockhall, shut down the academy. Personally, I would be sounding Accrington about a ground share. And start to cut their losses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)