+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adam Reach

Adam Reach

There is a rumour that Albion are interested in signing Adam Reach, who has left Sheffield Wednesday and is now available to sign for free, apparently! If there’s any truth in it, the squad would have depth of experience increased.

Always thought he was a skilful player whenever he played against us ..... one of those players who seems to have been around for ages .... but us still only 28 ..... not overwhelmed by the prospect ..... but a decent Championship player

I think this would be an excellent signing, he also possesses a fantastic long rage shot and scored a few goals.

He has been training with us this week.

I used to play junior cricket with his dad Paul at Chester-le-Street circa 1977/78. The Reach's were well known locally as a sporting/footballing family. Mind you, Adam wasn't even a twinkle in his dad's eye way back then.
    When he first came to notice Adam was playing for the Boro and I really liked what I saw. He was quick and worried defenders when he ran at them.
    Would think he'd be a good addition to the squad now.

And another bit of trivia to add to my last post... Adam Reach's uncle, John, used to play in the very same Chester-le-Street cub scout team as my brother AND our very own Bryan Robson 🤔

Looks useful.

Another free transfer 🙄 wonder if we’ll spend any money

Adam Reach is a technically gifted player who scores some
    cracking goals and has good delivery.

From what I've been reading online there are doubts over his work rate and application though so while unsure as to whether he's a Val' player I suppose it's down to wages and length of contract (as ever).

I don't have a problem with him providing competition and cover for Townsend in the left wing back role but he was reportedly on £23,000 per week at Wednesday.

At his age I'd imagine he'd be after at least that with a signing on fee on top (no such beast as a 'free' transfer) over presumably three years.

That's a big commitment on a Championship budget and looks a little less appealing when you get the abacus out.

Decisions decisions.....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)