+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the transfer front...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Garlick was Chairman, from what we have heard he was not talking to the manager and many fans were blaming him for lack of investment etc. and were frightened that the manager mya quit.
    Bear in mind that he had HIS money invested in the club, therefore, he made the decision that, because of the situation with him and the manager and without the fans' backing, he should stand down, take HIS money. or at least some of it, and stand down as Chairman, thus meeting the wishes of many, many fans.
    He has not received all HIS money, therefore, he remains on the board, at least for as long as this is achieved.

BT, you tell me that you would not have done exactly the same if you were in his situation. Perhaps you wouldn't, however. would you have sacked the manager? In thr situation as it was, it would appear that one had to go and I am sure that the rest of the board would have kicked up a fuss at the thought that he would sack the manager.
    All this being taken into consideration and with the hands of the remainder of the board being firmly tied, he found a buyer, the rest of the board decided to take THEIR money and enjoy their retirement without the encumbrance of running a football club.

Chairman ---no longer Chairman ---fans are happy. Board members no longer responsible for the club -----they are happy and have their money back in their pockets.
    However, fans are not happy, because Chairman has done exactly what they wanted him to do but nothing has changed. It's easy running a football club ----just ask anybody who has never done it!
    Went to the Clitheroe AGM last night, the balance sheet is sound, more cash in hand than ever. ST sales of 480 last year, 3/4 years ago any gate of over 200 was a big one. The club house, the bars, the stands with new seating, the dressing rooms, terracing, the pitch all in magnificent nick, lot of money has been spent and you can see the results. The aim is two promotions into the Conference North, there is a strong squad, everything is in place to go for it, the driving force behind this is the Chairman, he's put a lot of his own time and money in and continues to do so.

I suppose one day he could just take the money and run, like Garlick and his mate, but there's no sign of that yet, he's at the ground most days, very much hands on, working his bollox off, helping out with whatever needs doing. He's my sort of chairman, Garlick can go and **** himself as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Went to the Clitheroe AGM last night, the balance sheet is sound, more cash in hand than ever. ST sales of 480 last year, 3/4 years ago any gate of over 200 was a big one. The club house, the bars, the stands with new seating, the dressing rooms, terracing, the pitch all in magnificent nick, lot of money has been spent and you can see the results. The aim is two promotions into the Conference North, there is a strong squad, everything is in place to go for it, the driving force behind this is the Chairman, he's put a lot of his own time and money in and continues to do so.

I suppose one day he could just take the money and run, like Garlick and his mate, but there's no sign of that yet, he's at the ground most days, very much hands on, working his bollox off, helping out with whatever needs doing. He's my sort of chairman, Garlick can go and **** himself as far as I'm concerned.
    You know that there is absolutely no comparison with running Clitheroe FC or Ashington AFC or any other lower non-league club to running a PL club. Garlick is no longer Chairman, he is just another member of the Board of a club for whom we now don't even know the worth! With all the crap being thrown at Garlick from lots of fans, if it had been me, I would have done exactly the same because football at the top level, in particular, is very corrupt and they are aided and abetted by the Premier League themselves.
    Not good, however, the way it is and totally different to Clitheroe, Ashington and many more, although you are well aware that many clubs at that level exist because of one man's input and could fall by the wayside quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You know that there is absolutely no comparison with running Clitheroe FC or Ashington AFC or any other lower non-league club to running a PL club. Garlick is no longer Chairman, he is just another member of the Board of a club for whom we now don't even know the worth! With all the crap being thrown at Garlick from lots of fans, if it had been me, I would have done exactly the same because football at the top level, in particular, is very corrupt and they are aided and abetted by the Premier League themselves.
    Not good, however, the way it is and totally different to Clitheroe, Ashington and many more, although you are well aware that many clubs at that level exist because of one man's input and could fall by the wayside quite easily.
    Just my opinion Sub. On the positive side at Clitheroe the gates have doubled in two seasons, ST sales have gone through the roof, the club is financially sound without any financial input from the chairman, it's more his drive and business acumen that would be missed if he did a Garlick. Someone asked last night how realistic it was to aim for Conference North, given the increase in the player budget it would entail, it was pointed out that some clubs at that level struggle to sell 300 STs, whereas we sell almost 500, but no doubt those are the clubs where the chairman has to have deep pockets. Ours does, but it's best not to go too far down that road isn't it.

Just my opinion Sub. On the positive side at Clitheroe the gates have doubled in two seasons, ST sales have gone through the roof, the club is financially sound without any financial input from the chairman, it's more his drive and business acumen that would be missed if he did a Garlick. Someone asked last night how realistic it was to aim for Conference North, given the increase in the player budget it would entail, it was pointed out that some clubs at that level struggle to sell 300 STs, whereas we sell almost 500, but no doubt those are the clubs where the chairman has to have deep pockets. Ours does, but it's best not to go too far down that road isn't it.
    It all comes down to one thing in the end chaps...

Attachment 19536

If Grealish goes to City will McNeil go to Villa?

Apparently in McNeil's contract there is a FORTY million pound "get out" clause.

I don't care how short of wingers we are, if the Pace/Garlick Combo get that sort of dosh put on the kitchen table, Dwight is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If Grealish goes to City will McNeil go to Villa?

Apparently in McNeil's contract there is a FORTY million pound "get out" clause.

I don't care how short of wingers we are, if the Pace/Garlick Combo get that sort of dosh put on the kitchen table, Dwight is gone.
    I’d say like you Bt that’s pretty much nailed on if Grealish decided to take the £300k a week at City , Dwight will be on his way .

The ironic thing is it will ease the pressure on the board because they won’t have to find funds themselves, they’ll simply give Dyche a portion of that ( not all of it of course - not our way that )

I still think Tarky could leave before this windows done and I’ll bet there’s a few Yanks hoping for that as well more money in the coffers , half for us half for Dyche.

I’m never a pessimist and I’m hoping I’m proved wrong but I have a strange feeling about our situation , I mean why get involved with us in the first place if they’re not prepared to invest in the club and the manager, I don’t understand the draw yes they’ve bought the club with our own monies , but if it doesn’t remain in this league there is no golden pot of money so we’d get 130 million in relegation over 3 seasons , but that’s it - there is nothing after that.

WHY are they here and what do they want if they don’t want to invest and drive the club forwards.
    That’s more than once this week Bt we’ve agreed - and you said we never agree.

"WHY are they here and what do they want if they don’t want to invest and drive the club forwards.
    That’s more than once this week Bt we’ve agreed - and you said we never agree."

Three of us agreeing now army, and this is the mystery innit. Two things are certain, these people are not stupid, and they have acquired BFC with the aim of making money. But just HOW they're going to make that money is not clear at all, perhaps Mr Pace might tell us, he clearly knows something we don't.

"WHY are they here and what do they want if they don’t want to invest and drive the club forwards.
    That’s more than once this week Bt we’ve agreed - and you said we never agree."

Three of us agreeing now army, and this is the mystery innit. Two things are certain, these people are not stupid, and they have acquired BFC with the aim of making money. But just HOW they're going to make that money is not clear at all, perhaps Mr Pace might tell us, he clearly knows something we don't.
    I've been put on a nice little "retainer" for another 9 months to try and work out how to help one or two of our "problem accounts" without just foreclosing on them. I'm bloody glad BFC are not on the list, because I can see no logic in how the enterprise hopes to flourish.

It's pretty obvious if we get relegated this season and Dyche is not retained, Burnley Football Club are in a whole lot of trouble, both on and off the pitch.

I hope Dave Baldwin can steady the ship and pull the warring factions together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

It's pretty obvious if we get relegated this season and Dyche is not retained, Burnley Football Club are in a whole lot of trouble, both on and off the pitch.
    It seems obvious to us BT, but ALK seem quite relaxed about it. Why ?

It seems obvious to us BT, but ALK seem quite relaxed about it. Why ?
    Because it has cost them next to nothing to buy a PL club.If we do get relegated then they can syphon out the parachute payments and whats left and quietly retire to the land of the free and the home of the brave.....it is a win win situation.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)