+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the transfer front...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Like I said before army88, "SD is an enigma wrapped inside a mystery".
    You couldn’t write it Bt a month to go of the transfer window and now we’re being linked with loan moves for players , that should tell us everything - especially if there as good as the last one we tried this with.

Strap in for a proper relegation battle, SD is happy with what we have got...

https://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.u...-vydra-3327477
    At no point in that article does Dyche imply he doesn't want/expect new signings. He was praising the players already at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    At no point in that article does Dyche imply he doesn't want/expect new signings. He was praising the players already at the club.
    We are Burnley fans lusty, we have witnessed this "Annual Rain Dance" ever since the window system was introduced. Dyche is telling us as he usually does, that what we already have will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    You couldn’t write it Bt a month to go of the transfer window and now we’re being linked with loan moves for players , that should tell us everything - especially if there as good as the last one we tried this with.
    Benson was sold for a pittance, BDF has been loaned out for a season for a reported loan fee of £300,000.

Sort of tells me we are skint.

Correct. There will be players coming in. Fear not.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicknick View Post
    Correct. There will be players coming in. Fear not.
    It's Henri Lansbury all over again.

It's Henri Lansbury all over again.
    And here’s a surprise to us all , Burnley will not meet the fee for Maitland Niles at Arsenal - I think we all knew that the moment it said we were linked that it wasn’t even worth listening to.

We have sold out - been bought out with our own money and are now it seems further back than we were before.

I can see the Americans not making many friends at Burnley, if I’m completely honest many on here say they’re business people in it for the money , but they’re in it for the wrong reasons if that’s the case ( they can’t be very good business people as successful businesses require investment and progression and if I’m honest a love of the game would be more important and some deep
    Pockets , we - well Garlick has managed to find a consortium of people with less brass than he had , it’s genius unless your a fan and we’re left in limbo land.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    And here’s a surprise to us all , Burnley will not meet the fee for Maitland Niles at Arsenal - I think we all knew that the moment it said we were linked that it wasn’t even worth listening to.

We have sold out - been bought out with our own money and are now it seems further back than we were before.

I can see the Americans not making many friends at Burnley, if I’m completely honest many on here say they’re business people in it for the money , but they’re in it for the wrong reasons if that’s the case ( they can’t be very good business people as successful businesses require investment and progression and if I’m honest a love of the game would be more important and some deep
    Pockets , we - well Garlick has managed to find a consortium of people with less brass than he had , it’s genius unless your a fan and we’re left in limbo land.
    I'm seriously beginning to wonder, are our Yanks like Venkys when they took over at Blackburn, thinking you can't be relegated from the Premier League ? They certainly don't seem too fussed whether we finish in the bottom three or not.

Of course they do know, Pace has talked about relegation, but the prospect doesn't seem to concern them. Why not, it should, what do they know that we don't ?

"Garlick has managed to find a consortium of people with less brass than he had"

An early frontrunner for Madders quote of the year.

You're doing fine. At least you've not had to deal with the ignominy of bad owners selling off one side of the stadium to put a crap supermarket in it or the Council holding up planning permission for years whilst the club runs up massive debt or a w****r like Anderson selling off the training ground and the car park, mortgaging everything else and stripping off the last assets of the carcass. Immediately followed by and years and years of transfer embargo for being skint until only the kids were left and even some of those were sold.

Garlick may have his critics but look back at where you were when he bought BFC - struggling to survive in the Championship and you didn't even own Turf Moor!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)