+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conor Chaplin

Conor Chaplin

TWTD understands Town are closing in on a move for Barnsley forward Conor Chaplin, who previously played for Blues boss Paul Cook at Portsmouth.

We understand that talks are ongoing regarding the 24-year-old and a deal could be done before the end of the week.

Chaplin came through the youth system at Pompey having joined them aged six and broke into their senior side in 2014/15 and was a regular in Cook’s side at Fratton Park after he took over at the start of the following campaign.

Worthing-born Chaplin joined Coventry on loan in the summer of 2018 with the move becoming a permanent switch in the January. The following summer he joined Barnsley on a four-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    TWTD understands Town are closing in on a move for Barnsley forward Conor Chaplin, who previously played for Blues boss Paul Cook at Portsmouth.

We understand that talks are ongoing regarding the 24-year-old and a deal could be done before the end of the week.

Chaplin came through the youth system at Pompey having joined them aged six and broke into their senior side in 2014/15 and was a regular in Cook’s side at Fratton Park after he took over at the start of the following campaign.

Worthing-born Chaplin joined Coventry on loan in the summer of 2018 with the move becoming a permanent switch in the January. The following summer he joined Barnsley on a four-year deal.
    Town ?

Ipswich Town.
    Close to a move according to Doug OKane.
    IMO - the wrong striker is leaving.
    I’d put Coner above ……
    Frieser
    Woodrow
    Victor
    And yes …… I do know Woodrow is well liked - but IMO he’s not been the same player since Kieffer left the club.

I fully agree with what Doug O’Kane also says:

However, there's no doubt that he lost some confidence last season and his recent goals record is disappointing.
    With the Reds now seeming to favour physical strikers, and him potentially falling down pecking order, maybe a L1 rebuild will do him good.

Woodrow and Frieser in front of Conor all day long in my opinion.

Good luck to the lad always gave 100% on the field and at community level.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 26-07-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Who's this Coner ?
    Good move for Chaplin if it happens , always liked him , and a decent lad from what I've heard , good luck to him, joining a team that appear to be building a strong squad for a Promotion push , what's Chaplin worth ? I doubt we will get back what we paid for him 1m??? , I can see him being amongst the Top Scorers in Division one
    Last edited by Romared; 26-07-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Lost his way under Ismael's hoofball tactics. Chasing aimless high punts upfield and trying to win possession through a muscular approach wasn't Chaplin's game. If it is to be more of the same under Schopp he will be better off playing proper football on the floor, which he is more comfortable with, under Paul Cook at Ipswich.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 26-07-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Lost his way under Ismael's hoofball tactics. Chasing aimless high punts upfield and trying to win possession through a muscular approach wasn't Chaplin's game. If it is to be more of the same under Schopp he will be better off playing proper football on the floor, which he is more comfortable with, under Paul Cook at Ipswich.
    Tha reyt SB , a bully ova a coach , bullying tactics which worked mainly ( if you like that style of football ) he got worked out towards the end of the season , his style , how he managed , other coaches winding him up, and he reacted , I'm glad he's gone , couldn't take to him one bit , he isn't on his own by disregarding and humiliating player's tho, Rochdale Cowboy was another example , they get found out eventually ,

Replacements arriving:

Barnsley Football Club is thrilled to announce the signing of Obbi Oularé from Standard Liège.

The powerful forward is our second summer addition following the arrival of Devante Cole and has penned a three-year deal at Oakwell.

A former Belgium youth international, Oularé has a wealth of experience playing at the top level having featured in the Europa League during the past three seasons, while also playing Champions League football during the 15/16 campaign.

I’ll be glad I’ve never thought he was any good, last half decent small striker we had was Armstrong!
    I wouldn’t bat an eye if Woodrow left as well! He’s had about 5 decent games in 1 and a half seasons, totally lost his way and it bugs me when a striker takes corners as well?
    Last edited by perkytyke; 26-07-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha reyt SB , a bully ova a coach , bullying tactics which worked mainly ( if you like that style of football ) he got worked out towards the end of the season , his style , how he managed , other coaches winding him up, and he reacted , I'm glad he's gone , couldn't take to him one bit , he isn't on his own by disregarding and humiliating player's tho, Rochdale Cowboy was another example , they get found out eventually ,
    Am glad thas said about val a wa beginning to think there was only me who wanted him and his crew to fail,i hope were good nxt yr am in west stand and mowatt better hope he aint sat on that bench or ends up on it. It'll only be comedy like, remember wen we played blades and paddy kennys missis wa supposed to av been playin abart, a wa tekin micky and a no he could here mi, cant remember final score but they scored to go 1.0 up and i swear he wa looking straight at me wi clenched fist, a just nodded 2hat.amean winnalls celebration wen we gifted him that goal, if tha gis it thas got to tek it ant tha.we finished 5th youve a decent side a couple of good additions who knows, surely hes got to have been happy wi wat he got frm our players, am not so sure that many managers with ambition would av walked, if hes that good a manager hes nailed on for promotion with wat hes got there, i think he'll fail and i hope he does but lets be honest to make more money on our players we need to show potential buyers they can play and hoof ball doesnt really show that.am done eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast