+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Knives

O/T:- Knives

Any one else find the number of youngsters being charged with murder appalling? It seems that every day there are new reports of deaths involving under 18's using knives. It appears that carrying a weapon is the new norm!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-08-2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Any one else find the number of youngsters being charged with murder appalling? It seems that every day there are new reports of deaths involving under 18's using knives. It appears that carrying a weapon is the new norm!
    Apparently they brought a law in a few years back proclaiming anyone caught carrying knives would get 7 years in jail...
    Needless to say this deterrent is never handed out.

You would think the police would target those groups that are consistently identified as knife carrying murdering *******s wouldn't you? Well you would wouldn't you! Can't for the life of me understand what is stopping them (the police) from stopping and searching those groups that stab, slash and murder just because a person is on the wrong street at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    You would think the police would target those groups that are consistently identified as knife carrying murdering *******s wouldn't you? Well you would wouldn't you! Can't for the life of me understand what is stopping them (the police) from stopping and searching those groups that stab, slash and murder just because a person is on the wrong street at the wrong time.
    Would I be right or wrong in guessing that your post was motivated by the murder of Stephen Lawrence?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Follow a guy, Norman Brennan, ex police on Twitter. Most of the time it’s very depressing reading. Knife crime, ****ager murders - victims and offenders. Lots committed during the day, the stats are scary. As you’ve stated, it’s the norm.

I’d love to answer. But, my response would be categorised despite it being factual.

In the past if you got some **** off a group of 14 year olds then you could give some back etc, nowadays it's not worth it as you don't know if they're carrying knives and even a 10 year old can stab someone fatally with the right punch. I live in Leeds near where that lad got his hand chopped off not long ago and I've waited outside those shops myself with all the gangs riding round on scooters etc, it can be quite intimidating and you don't hang around for long.

What ‘groups’ do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    What ‘groups’ do you mean?
    Surely you don't need him to spell it out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    In the past if you got some **** off a group of 14 year olds then you could give some back etc, nowadays it's not worth it as you don't know if they're carrying knives and even a 10 year old can stab someone fatally with the right punch. I live in Leeds near where that lad got his hand chopped off not long ago and I've waited outside those shops myself with all the gangs riding round on scooters etc, it can be quite intimidating and you don't hang around for long.
    Evening crazy...
    Dont you still have the computer shop in mapperly.?
    Or have I got the wrong man...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast