+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Quickly followed by the take no prisoners thrashing of Mansfailed at home and the CMS tap in! I thought we would never lose again . . . until Newport turned up
    That Newport game will go down in infamy. I too was convinced we’d finally turned the corner after a couple of great results and performances, but then it all went pear-shaped. The worst thing was they’d just had a tough game against Man City in their Welsh quagmire, yet still looked miles fresher and sharper than us.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That Newport game will go down in infamy. I too was convinced we’d finally turned the corner after a couple of great results and performances, but then it all went pear-shaped. The worst thing was they’d just had a tough game against Man City in their Welsh quagmire, yet still looked miles fresher and sharper than us.
    Nah. The worst thing was the blonde curly haired sub gesturing that we would go down when warming up. The little **** was right

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    That was my kids first ever night match. Left early. Classic Notts.

Left early? What are you trying to teach them Mapperley? Dont give them the easy (sometimes correct) option until they work it out for themselves.

Tbh the Newport game wasn't the most disappointing and depressing home game of that season for me. No prizes for guessing which was.

Despite the score line, my memory is that we didn’t play too badly in the Newport game, at least in the first half.

It was after the Exeter game that I was ready to riot. You couldn’t plan a more clueless performance against 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Despite the score line, my memory is that we didn’t play too badly in the Newport game, at least in the first half.

It was after the Exeter game that I was ready to riot. You couldn’t plan a more clueless performance against 10 men.
    Wasn't that the famous 'respect the point' post-match interview?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Left early? What are you trying to teach them Mapperley? Dont give them the easy (sometimes correct) option until they work it out for themselves.
    I took the not unreasonable view that at 1-4 the game was over and they would gain more benefit from an extra 15 minutes asleep.

It's very rare that I leave a game early. Given some of the dross I have witnessed over the years that is probably a mistake in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Wasn't that the famous 'respect the point' post-match interview?
    Lost to a last minute winner, so we didn’t even get a point to respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Lost to a last minute winner, so we didn’t even get a point to respect.
    Which was the respect the point game? I remember hearing that and wondering what planet he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Which was the respect the point game? I remember hearing that and wondering what planet he was on.
    I dunno. Didn’t he say that or something similar after every draw?! I can’t wait to see how Solihull get on this season, and I never thought I’d say that…

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast