+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Hibs getting

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    At the moment the group size is averaging just under 2.

It would make a massive difference to everyone if the average group size was 4 as you'd be able to get just under 4,100 in then. Looking at what's out there i can only assume the Club and DCC used a group of 4 as the norm when working out what could be agreed.
    Alternatively the Club could use the Main Stand and South Enclosure to fit everyone in to get the rumoured 4,000 spectators. In my opinion it is a shambles and Dundee City Council bosses should not be making these decisions. They should have been decided by Scottish Government civil servants with the same percentage allocation for each all seated stadium in Scotland.
    These decisions should have been made months ago by the Scottish Government based on the level each local authority was in at the start of the 2021-22 SPFL season.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Will they do anything about it. I doubt it. The Club have received the season ticket money and are adopting the view ‘a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush’.
    No they’re not.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Alternatively the Club could use the Main Stand and South Enclosure to fit everyone in to get the rumoured 4,000 spectators. In my opinion it is a shambles and Dundee City Council bosses should not be making these decisions. They should have been decided by Scottish Government civil servants with the same percentage allocation for each all seated stadium in Scotland.
    These decisions should have been made months ago by the Scottish Government based on the level each local authority was in at the start of the 2021-22 SPFL season.
    You may have missed that they’re not allowed to, and all stadium types are different. In addition it’s a local
    Authority task to issue a safety certificate in non Covid times so it makes sense that people who know the venues make the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Maybe some are happy Derry is shut....
    Now who could you mean?

I think this sorry saga is an avoidable PR disaster for the club........a lot of angry people, season ticket holders, not just any "Tom dick and harry" like me.

It was a difficult situation but far from insurmountable with a bit of fore thought and planning......it's been discussed on here long enough.

Wonder how our neighbours will do next week, the bar has not been set very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Now who could you mean?
    I'll RESPECTIVELY decline to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I don’t understand why, it’s seems to me emptying out into open air better than a concourse.
    Neither do I. Commonsense would seem to indicate that the ability to exit the ground through a variety of dedicated pathways would appear safer than expecting everyone to use a concourse

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Neither do I. Commonsense would seem to indicate that the ability to exit the ground through a variety of dedicated pathways would appear safer than expecting everyone to use a concourse
    There's not a variety, they closed 42 passageways to funnel everyone out the back and thru a 12 to 14 foot wide gap creating one almighty bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Derry used to empty in 5 mins, now around 15 when full.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    There's not a variety, they closed 42 passageways to funnel everyone out the back and thru a 12 to 14 foot wide gap creating one almighty bottleneck.
    Absolutely when referring to the SE! Maybe you should be advocating a return to the original layout in the interests of covid security!!!!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)