+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wingbacks

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Warney is puzzling me. If he dunt want Ferguson at left back he has to either play him as a winger or left wing back. If he plays him as a winger that would suggest 4 4 2 with Ogbene on the right wing. If he is using him as a left wing back he can't use ogbene as the opposite right wing back cos he aint one. If its true we are after rooney and he signs I believe he is a right wing back. So could play 3 5 2 that way BUT where would Ogbene play then? Arguably one of our more talented players but I can't see any place for him other than as a winger. Of course warne could alternate between playing 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1 and 3 5 2 but that could be pretty confusing for players. Possibly some clues tomoz for the toon game?

Th alleged signing of Odoffin could suggest another formation as he is meant to be a defensive midfielder. So maybe Warne might be looking at a 4 1 4 1 or a 4 1 3 2 or a 3 1 4 2...God...it could be owt! I gi up!
    Did he say he doesn't want Ferguson at left - back or did he mean just for the Grimsby game.
    Before Joe Mattock had his latest injury PW did say he didn't expect Mattock to play in every game.

Been told Rooney can play Centre - Back if required as well as right back.
    Also been told Odoffin is a utility player that can play midfield, right back or Centre Back if required, wouldn't be surprised if that's true, they both look tall enough for a Centre Back.

You may have to reconsider your formations roly....... although at the moment they're giving me a migraine..

...4-4-2. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Did he say he doesn't want Ferguson at left - back or did he mean just for the Grimsby game.
    Before Joe Mattock had his latest injury PW did say he didn't expect Mattock to play in every game.

Been told Rooney can play Centre - Back if required as well as right back.
    Also been told Odoffin is a utility player that can play midfield, right back or Centre Back if required, wouldn't be surprised if that's true, they both look tall enough for a Centre Back.

You may have to reconsider your formations roly....... although at the moment they're giving me a migraine..

...4-4-2. Go for it.
    He said he hadn’t brought him in to be his LB
    That’s what’s got me wondering about wingbacks

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Warney is puzzling me. If he dunt want Ferguson at left back he has to either play him as a winger or left wing back. If he plays him as a winger that would suggest 4 4 2 with Ogbene on the right wing. If he is using him as a left wing back he can't use ogbene as the opposite right wing back cos he aint one. If its true we are after rooney and he signs I believe he is a right wing back. So could play 3 5 2 that way BUT where would Ogbene play then? Arguably one of our more talented players but I can't see any place for him other than as a winger. Of course warne could alternate between playing 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1 and 3 5 2 but that could be pretty confusing for players. Possibly some clues tomoz for the toon game?

Th alleged signing of Odoffin could suggest another formation as he is meant to be a defensive midfielder. So maybe Warne might be looking at a 4 1 4 1 or a 4 1 3 2 or a 3 1 4 2...God...it could be owt! I gi up!
    Ogbene behind top two

4-3-3

Viktor

Ferguson
    Woody
    Icky
    Harding

Lindsay
    Wiles
    Barlaser

Miller
    Smudge
    Chieo

We don't have enough CBs for 5 at the back atm. Also, it doesn't suit the players we have. And we lose another body in the midfield. Lets attack the season, front foot, fans back in the stadium, in your face, Millers ball.

Warney won’t be happy if he’s forced to play Fergie LB
    I’d love to see Lindsay in every game, I’d also like to see Miller get plenty of games and get the ball in the box.

Hopefully Warney gets his targets in it’s all clear by start of season

Oh and where’s Kayode fit in? 😂

Does anyone have any updates on these transfer targets? Should be sorted by now.

Was surprised to see Oggy and Miller playing wingbacks last night if we do line up like that in league it will be a very attacking team but I don't think we had a choice with no right full back and Mattock and Ferguson not available but I thought the 2 yesterday were excellent especially first half.

We’ve widened the pitch, maybe for the wingbacks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12