+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Cannie believe how fast time passes as you get older Troops.

O/T Cannie believe how fast time passes as you get older Troops.

I came on this board to back on that particular evening fellow Arabs who for a short time were outnumbered by Funsters in the height of ADMIN 2 in 2010.My first ever post was along the lines of,"I have been watching this from the balcony and I'm jumping doon onto the stage to help my fellow Arabs."

I then proceeded to get tore right FN into them and christened their AuldHunStand.I have never regretted my decision even though we from being Scottish Cup Holders when i joined have at times sunk to levels i never thought i would see again in my lifetime.

As you all know i love this board and have a great affinity with the vast majority of its posters and recently i have reflected on disagreements i have had with fellow posters.Its true that i think our club is in a very precarious position but i do accept i have went over the top with my concerns.

I never joined Utd Mad to battle with my own so i am gonna dae my very best to just allow what will be to be.I will also no longer post what i have been told regarding the head coach,goalkeeping coach,sporting director or bust up's in the dressing room or on the training pitch.

The posts i would like to be putting up are that players like Scott Allan or James Scott are on their way but that is not happening up till now and i think at times the messenger is been shot for being negative but i have only posted the bad news i have heard.

Although it never worked out as we all hoped i did once post to much derision that Goodie was coming home and i sincerely wish i could be posting the same kinda stuff now,it really is not the fault of posters when we hear bad news and post it but as i said earlier i will refrain from doing so in the future,Arabest The Boat.

Fair play.

My opinion is that it isn't the bad news you are posting that is pissing people off, it's that you post an incredible amount of negative, repetitive comments that people are simply bored of hearing. If we've heard them once, we've heard them a million times.
    I've found these last few weeks difficult on Utd Mad as it's almost guaranteed that you'll have turned a thread into some kind of Sporting Director hate thread. I've also noticed a few long time posters have been very quiet the last few weeks and I'm guessing they may feel the same and are staying away because of it.
    You're entitled to your opinion mate, but constantly ramming the same stuff down our throats is very tiring. Yes we know we were promised signing. We know there were no managerial candidates. We know AA has been snuck in the back door but we don't need to be reminded every 5 minutes.
    I'm all for news, good, bad, whatever, we need to hear it, so keep it coming, but the constant repetitive negativity is turning this place into a place I don't particularly enjoy right now.

Roll on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Roll on Saturday.
    Sunday.

Fair play.

My opinion is that it isn't the bad news you are posting that is pissing people off, it's that you post an incredible amount of negative, repetitive comments that people are simply bored of hearing. If we've heard them once, we've heard them a million times.
    I've found these last few weeks difficult on Utd Mad as it's almost guaranteed that you'll have turned a thread into some kind of Sporting Director hate thread. I've also noticed a few long time posters have been very quiet the last few weeks and I'm guessing they may feel the same and are staying away because of it.
    You're entitled to your opinion mate, but constantly ramming the same stuff down our throats is very tiring. Yes we know we were promised signing. We know there were no managerial candidates. We know AA has been snuck in the back door but we don't need to be reminded every 5 minutes.
    I'm all for news, good, bad, whatever, we need to hear it, so keep it coming, but the constant repetitive negativity is turning this place into a place I don't particularly enjoy right now.

Roll on Saturday.
    I honestly think that is a wee bit unfair,no that i would have expected anything better.There have been times when this board has been as dead as a Dodo and posters like me have breathed a bit O life into it.
    You are right though that many of the boys i went to Moscow with dinnie post on here anymore but it isnae because of me they stopped posting as most of them agree with my sentiments.
    This is the second time you have given me a dressing down in public and its the last as far as i'm concerned,if you think that many long time posters have stopped posting on here solely because of me put them out of their misery and ban me,i sincerely mean that by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I honestly think that is a wee bit unfair,no that i would have expected anything better.There have been times when this board has been as dead as a Dodo and posters like me have breathed a bit O life into it.
    You are right though that many of the boys i went to Moscow with dinnie post on here anymore but it isnae because of me they stopped posting as most of them agree with my sentiments.
    This is the second time you have given me a dressing down in public and its the last as far as i'm concerned,if you think that many long time posters have stopped posting on here solely because of me put them out of their misery and ban me,i sincerely mean that by the way.
    Everyone's opinion is fine by me even if it is a load of *******s. Mind you once said Goodie was coming back? I put you right though.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sunday.
    I genuinely didn't even know and couldn't be arsed checking but ran the risk of being corrected. I stand corrected. 😂

I'm not giving you a dressing down mate, I'm merely replying to your post as a member of this board. All I'm saying is that whilst you are beating yourself because you think your stories are what has been pissing people off, I don't think it is. This place runs on stories & rumours during pre season. Stories are fine. It's the repetitive, negative digs that are boring and ott.

Also, 14 posts dug up & spammed last night on the back of this one? Really? The point of that was what? If you cannae take a bit of constructive criticism after posting a thread like you did last night, then don't post one. Absolutely no need to go digging up 14 different threads to try & prove a point.

I'm not giving you a dressing down mate, I'm merely replying to your post as a member of this board. All I'm saying is that whilst you are beating yourself because you think your stories are what has been pissing people off, I don't think it is. This place runs on stories & rumours during pre season. Stories are fine. It's the repetitive, negative digs that are boring and ott.

Also, 14 posts dug up & spammed last night on the back of this one? Really? The point of that was what? If you cannae take a bit of constructive criticism after posting a thread like you did last night, then don't post one. Absolutely no need to go digging up 14 different threads to try & prove a point.
    It cannie be denied that rather than reducing the traffic posters have appeared from nowhere to defend staff at the club when i have posted true stories of bust ups and nepotism.I take your point though regarding replying to posts where i did not criticise our Sporting Director i really should not have bothered.

I have decided its in the best interest's of the board that i should take a wee break from here to allow long standing posters to return and let this place flourish again.I hope someone takes Peter up on his bet it will not be me because at this time there is no suitable candidate to go up against McMullan.

It cannie be denied that rather than reducing the traffic posters have appeared from nowhere to defend staff at the club when i have posted true stories of bust ups and nepotism.I take your point though regarding replying to posts where i did not criticise our Sporting Director i really should not have bothered.

I have decided its in the best interest's of the board that i should take a wee break from here to allow long standing posters to return and let this place flourish again.I hope someone takes Peter up on his bet it will not be me because at this time there is no suitable candidate to go up against McMullan.
    I don't think posters have been appearing out of nowhere to defend staff at the club whatsoever. I'd say it's a fair split on who's concerned and who isn't on here but I've certainly not seen guys come from nowhere to defend TA. I've had concerns for months. I had a dispute with Brian on here about 5 months ago regarding the running & setup of our club with Asghar steering the ship, long before any of this sh*t appeared, so I'm definitely in your camp. I just don't see what ramming it down people's throats every day achieves and it's that, imo, which people get fed up of, not your stories of bust ups etc.

GB, nobody wants you banned pal and no one is asking you to leave of your own accord either. tHeArAb is correct though as far as I'm concerned, it's just the constant barrage of negativity and repetitive digs at TA and his decision making that is just too much at times. I fully get that you love the club and only want the best for Dundee United and big respect to you for all your years of putting into the coffers. It's just all the negative stuff does nothing to actually change anything and just brings the place down. Also, if I may, please don't take every comment I make as a personal attack, it's not. If you have insider knowledge then fair enough, I have none, but only giving us 70 pieces of a 100 piece jigsaw doesn't really do anything except cause more division. Let's all just look forward to Sunday (or Saturday for some &#128514 and let's hope it's a ****ing beautiful one.

Anyway mate, enjoy your day and I hope there's no hard feelings between us, certainly none from me ❤️

Oh and also may I just add....

FTD all ****ing season long! 😋

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)