+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The staying up thread

The staying up thread

Why will we stay up?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Why will we stay up?
    Hopefully there will be at least three teams worse than us.

Still hoping Pace gets his finger out and signs a player with some flair.

Your lack of pace will hold you back but you have a strong defence and should have enough to nick a sufficient number of wins by playing direct, but a lot will depend on Woods and Barnes if he plays. If they get injured I'm not so sure. - the other forwards are basically there to supply the ammo and you'll need to keep McNeil.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Why will we stay up?

You Gotta Have Heart

VC has nailed it, we are wholly dependent on there being three teams in a worse state than us.

If Dyche signs an extension to his contract the "feel good factor" will probably sustain us, if he doesn't, I fear we will be relegated this season.

It's already clear to me, we will be propping up last year's first team squad with kids. Deja vu -1969-70 season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

It's already clear to me, we will be propping up last year's first team squad with kids. Deja vu -1969-70 season.
    Would those be the same kids that couldn't beat Lancaster City, or do we have another cohort, closer to PL standard being kept under wraps. Serious question, I don't know whether we do or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Would those be the same kids that couldn't beat Lancaster City, or do we have another cohort, closer to PL standard being kept under wraps. Serious question, I don't know whether we do or not.
    Thomas, Richardson, Thompson & Glennon might be able to step up sinkov and young Harker is a couple of seasons away I feel.

I'm pretty sure SD will be getting the chance to find out pretty soon.

If we do not sign some attacking and creative players on the wings and/or midfield we will be relegated.I have said it before two out of the three teams coming up from the Championship are not new to the PL and Brentford have a much better recruitment system than us.We are way too weak in midfield-I cannot understand why we did not go for Lundstrom on a free from the Blades.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)