+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Alan Jones Ex Wallaby coach.

O/T:- Alan Jones Ex Wallaby coach.

https://youtu.be/RnK6wh63Puo

Pressure ramping up on our State Premiers; he's too overbearing for a lot, but he and his fellow commentators/shock jock types don't hold back. Not something you'd hear from the wet lettuce mainstream media, who are more interested in the antics of Harry and his missus.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-07-2021 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Added omitted Off Topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    https://youtu.be/RnK6wh63Puo

Pressure ramping up on our State Premiers; he's too overbearing for a lot, but he and his fellow commentators/shock jock types don't hold back. Not something you'd hear from the wet lettuce mainstream media, who are more interested in the antics of Harry and his missus.
    The vaccine roll out in this country is a national disgrace. The government put all their eggs in one basket with the QLD one and the Novavaccine and both failed due to delivering false positives in regards to HIV contamination. They only went with those as they could be manufactured in Melbourne. Every other country in the world spread their net widely. When we realised we had stuffed up we then went after Astra Zenica and Pfizer but were at the back of a very very long queue and even then we only bought 10 million doses. Enough to vaccinate 20% of the population and were arrogant enough to argue over the price despite the current lockdowns in Sydney and Melbourne costing hundreds of millions of dollars a day. In addition to this despite widespread well documented independent advice that we should shut our borders even to returning Australians due to the delta leak and already having had over 10 hotel quarantine leaks already the government only reduced the number of arrivals post event due to media pressure when Scott Morrision had gone missing for a week and only reappeared with his nonsensical roadmap out of covid after he had sat on his ass allowing all his mates to go on business to Indonesia for 6 months. It makes me so mad and Alan Jones is bang on the money as he usually is. At some point in the next 12 months we have to let things thing run wild UK style and are psychologically totally unprepared for that as well due to the sensationalist nature of media reporting of just a few cases. This country will come out of COVID in a fair worse position than many. Our political arrogance and our sitting in our laurels in the summer just gone have a lot to answer form, for the thousands of small business owners and families now in deep doo doo and all stimulus has finished! I will never ever vote for the Liberals again.

Oh and in addition the ashes looks likely to be cancelled so my bi annual jolly to Brisbane to drain the Gabba dry of Eumundi Lager and blow a trumpet is also out of the question! Bah Humbug!!!

Firstly, a couple of paragraphs would be good to break up your rant; as much as I agreed with it. 2ndly, vuvuzelas are much more enjoyable to listen to.

Firmly in the Jones camp myself; the political/bureaucratic fkwittery and buffoonery in this country is so laughable it borders on 3rd world. I would never run a business in this country again; they hide behind RDO's, sickies, redtape, reams of paperwork, endless often unintelligible forms to fill in, and that good old Aussie "she'll be right"and "couldn't give a fk" attitude. I now work for QLD Health/Govt,an equally appallingly run behemoth...not sure it's going to be a long marriage.

Firstly, a couple of paragraphs would be good to break up your rant; as much as I agreed with it. 2ndly, vuvuzelas are much more enjoyable to listen to.

Firmly in the Jones camp myself; the political/bureaucratic fkwittery and buffoonery in this country is so laughable it borders on 3rd world. I would never run a business in this country again; they hide behind RDO's, sickies, redtape, reams of paperwork, endless often unintelligible forms to fill in, and that good old Aussie "she'll be right"and "couldn't give a fk" attitude. I now work for QLD Health/Govt,an equally appallingly run behemoth...not sure it's going to be a long marriage.
    I thought that was an outstanding paragraph personally! An even better rant than Jones himself! You can't beat a trumpet. The Gabba is not the South African World Cup you know. Scomo makes Bozo look like some kind of political wonderkid in comparison. I only have one permanent employee as I refuse to be dictated to by employee rights garnished out by Pallet Chook et al. I prefer working for myself as I think it would be completely impossible for me to work for someone else. i would be sacked in 5 minutes. God save the Queen I think I might move back to the U.K. it will be in a far better state than Australia soon.

I wasn't criticising the content of the paragraph; merely commenting on the size of the paragraph.....I ran out of breath half way through. I'm sure Sidney will back me up here.

Your last line is a no go........Javid, Pritti and Sadiq et al have ensured that.

I wonder whether any of you Poms watched the video and what your thoughts were. My brother was surprised and didn't think that would be screened/tolerated in the UK?

I wonder whether any of you Poms watched the video and what your thoughts were. My brother was surprised and didn't think that would be screened/tolerated in the UK?
    I dont think its any different to that guy from the UK who did the spoof news reports on youtube I cant remember his name. He just swore more than Alan. Their rooted down there anyway. Oh well about time they got to do a bit of hard yakka, bunch of pansies!

Alan Jones is one of the best journalists in the Southern Hemisphere. I watch him every night at 10.00pm NZ time on Sky TV (Aussie style)

His popularity is growing because he says it as it is, unlike the mainstream mob who make me shove my fingers down my throat with their pandering and fawning.