+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RoRo Combos

RoRo Combos

I really regret not being able to have a season ticket...

The main reason? Roberts and Rodrigues should put on a show together this season.

Don't laugh and I know it's not Ronaldinho and Ronaldo or Rooney and C. Ronaldo, but Roberts and Rodrigues will really stand-out together in the NL

Having one stand-out creative player among the very best at the level is one thing, having two is when it starts to inspire the other players and dictate a team's style.

There's bound to be at least a little rivalry between the 2, and a little is a good thing to spur each other on - but better they have that while still getting on really well I think. Rooney and Ronaldo operated together great together for a few years, thanks I think to Rooney just being easy-going and happy to play football, whereas Ronaldo was hell-bent on being the best...don't think either of ours are quite like that

Well, we've got the National League version IMO. If they stay injury free, fans are in for an absolute treat and the season ticket is going to be unbelievable value.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I really regret not being able to have a season ticket...

The main reason? Roberts and Rodrigues should put on a show together this season.

Don't laugh and I know it's not Ronaldinho and Ronaldo or Rooney and C. Ronaldo, but Roberts and Rodrigues will really stand-out together in the NL

Having one stand-out creative player among the very best at the level is one thing, having two is when it starts to inspire the other players and dictate a team's style.

There's bound to be at least a little rivalry between the 2, and a little is a good thing to spur each other on - but better they have that while still getting on really well I think. Rooney and Ronaldo operated together great together for a few years, thanks I think to Rooney just being easy-going and happy to play football, whereas Ronaldo was hell-bent on being the best...don't think either of ours are quite like that

Well, we've got the National League version IMO. If they stay injury free, fans are in for an absolute treat and the season ticket is going to be unbelievable value.
    Agree completely. Exciting to see how these 2 play together. I think it will be more akin to Grealish and MacGregor tho.
    Ironically I think Roberts being injured probably helped Rodders in the back end of the season as not sure he would have got the opportunity he got with 10-12 games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Agree completely. Exciting to see how these 2 play together. I think it will be more akin to Grealish and MacGregor tho.
    Ironically I think Roberts being injured probably helped Rodders in the back end of the season as not sure he would have got the opportunity he got with 10-12 games to go.
    I'm eagerly awaiting seeing the NL top goalscorers odds. I think both of these might be worth a few quid each-way.

Both players are way too good for this level.

Rodrigues is 25-1, I cannot find odds for Roberts, maybe due to his issues last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Rodrigues is 25-1, I cannot find odds for Roberts, maybe due to his issues last season.
    Where are you seeing those odds 59?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting seeing the NL top goalscorers odds. I think both of these might be worth a few quid each-way.

Both players are way too good for this level.
    You may need to contact a bookie and specifically ask for odds. Most will offer something.

Totally agree. I felt for most of last year that what notts needed was a little R&R... I hope to see them starting together often this season.

I'd be curious to know what odds we'd get on Notts scoring 100+ goals this season

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I'd be curious to know what odds we'd get on Notts scoring 100+ goals this season
    I love this time of year, when the optimism flows freely and the sky’s the limit!

It’s been a long time since we’ve regularly put teams to the sword (probably going back to the Munto season, when we won 5-0 at least four times that I can remember), but that would be a great way of attracting more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It's a big ask over 44 games - 2.27 goals per game. It's not beyond the realms if we play like we did at the back end of last season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast