+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Listen up BBC

Listen up BBC

Just to add a bit of balance can I remind everyone that there was someone stood at the side of Tom Daley when winning gold.
    I’m very pleased that at last Tom Daley has finally won a gold medal but listening to the news, newspapers and the pundits you’d have been mistaken for thinking he’d won the individual gold. Hardly mention off any of them regarding Matty Lee,
    The lads family must be fuming that their lad is so blatantly overlooked. I’m not taking anything away from Daley but it’s a team effort and they have got to be as good as each other to reach the standard of a gold medal and more credit should be given to Matty.

Yes Doggy, and I think this has been mentioned by fans on other boards as well. The majority of us seem to think the same that his team mate mostly got over looked, and thats really poor from the Beeb.
    And its got nowt to do with him/Matty Lee coming from Yorkshire either, I just wish they wouldn't make ignorant biased sounding comments like that.
    Its a genuine well done of course to BOTH lads and all the athletes who are winning medals for Britain at the moment.

Int that daley alot older though and it wa matty lee's first Olympics, still dont make it right because it was a joint effort but with the bit i watched it came across that way sayin to him you said you were gonna retire once you got a gold medal.

Positive discrimination at work.

This is a form of discrimination that favours someone by treating them differently in a positive way. An example might be an organisation promoting someone from an underrepresented group.

THIS is why the BBC are so Gushing.
    Last edited by Jules88; 27-07-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Very definitely no comment then