+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help Needed: Fan Boycotts

Help Needed: Fan Boycotts

Hello,

A friend of mine who is a freelance journalist has been commissioned to write a piece on passionate fans who are actively avoiding going to games and he asked me if I knew anyone who might be boycotting/otherwise not intended to return to matches. I know there's a few people on here not going until Ashley goes, so would any of those people be willing to talk to him for his article?

If so, let me know and I'll introduce you.

Thanks in advance!

Andy

I can't work out how to edit the post, but he just clarified that it should be people who have been boycotting/not going for a long time - like 10+ years (and it doesn't have to be Mike Ashley related).

Ahh...was about to say I'd help...until I saw the edit.

Any idea why he's set that time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ahh...was about to say I'd help...until I saw the edit.

Any idea why he's set that time limit?
    Not sure, to be honest!

I wouldn't have thought there was that many people, if any boycotting 10 years ago as that must have been just before things turned soured against ashley?? i think

That's what I thought, J

I'm sure there's one poster on here who stopped going when fatso came but I'm fairly sure the vast majority of fans were excited and optimistic.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 378 billion times, shame on me.

That's what I thought, J

I'm sure there's one poster on here who stopped going when fatso came but I'm fairly sure the vast majority of fans were excited and optimistic.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 378 billion times, shame on me.
    I stopped going when Ashley came in. 14 year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I stopped going when Ashley came in. 14 year for me.
    Cheers, Geordie...hadn't realised it was you.

Out of interest, what was it about him that made you do that so early? You saw through him straight away but I, for one, was taken in to start with.

Out of interest, what was it about him that made you do that so early? You saw through him straight away but I, for one, was taken in to start with.
    To be honest, I think most of us were taken in in the very early days with him mixing with the fans and having a drink with the lads, but it soon came to be found out as all talk and posing related to attention seeking.

Really when you think of it if he had had his head screwed on and looked at this club as his flagship and S.D. as the add on instead of the otherway around. Invested sensibly here and made us the top club we are capable of the benefits he would have pulled off with popularity would have far outweighed the costs and the exposure and free advertising would have been an immense advantage to his baby S.D.

Uses to work at the time in the sports industry. He was well known as being what he is a cùnt. Obviously not everything you hear is true but it gets the mind thinking. He was doing everything he could to make sports and soccer a success at the expense of anyone that got in the way.

His own parents are owed money off him. Was only a couple of grand. Set him up with a market stall somewhere in the Midlands.

Worst day when he bought this club. I knew then we would be run like his shops. On a shoestring for maximum profit. Works in retail but can't be done regularly in football.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)