+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Obbi is a good start …… but

Obbi is a good start …… but

……. we need more than that.
    Not sure about Cole - but fingers crossed he does well.

We need another similar to Obbi just in case he gets injured/suspended. Also if Schopp wants to play 343 then there’s the option of rotating Obbi, Morris and a Spare.
    Having 2 big strikers on the field at anyone time.

A left wing back.

And importantly - a quality midfield general. This position in particular is v.ital. There are much better players out there than Mowatt.
    Get someone in there that can accurately ping the ball about and it should see the team go up another level.

Let's see how Styles, Kane, Palmer and Moon go on first. Tha nivver knows, they may just be able to ping the ball abart wi glee. They dint get much chance o showing those traits under Ismaels tactics. Let's be fair, the midfield was bypassed most of the time so we didn't have a good platform or benchmark on which to judge our current midfielders as ball players.

Personally I think they'll be absolutely fine Nudge and tha might be pleasantly surprised. We passed Bournemouth off the park at Dean Court with Kane absolutely thriving after he came on.

I agree that left wing back needs strengthening.

I’ve no doubt they know which areas want strengthening but getting the right man at the right price isn’t easy and take time so I’ll have to trust they’ve got things in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I’ve no doubt they know which areas want strengthening but getting the right man at the right price isn’t easy and take time so I’ll have to trust they’ve got things in motion.
    I believe they have.
    Doug OKane is reporting that they are.
    But are they going to be successful in bringing in the targets?
    We will see.
    In the meantime - I’m constantly checking my phone for any news - or even rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I believe they have.
    Doug OKane is reporting that they are.
    But are they going to be successful in bringing in the targets?
    We will see.
    In the meantime - I’m constantly checking my phone for any news - or even rumours.
    Doug O Kane may well be a great bloke but his job as a local reporter is to keep links with the local club on an amicable level by not reporting anything the owners don't like or they will exclude him from access to information. From past events we know what the arseoyle Conway is like with people who piss on his chips.

We need a left back and an experienced midfielder !!!! Plus a new board , manager, groundsman , catering staff, Tea mekkin person , sumdi who can put brake on revolving door, knock 50% at least off int club shop, stop evvin a 3rd strip, pay 50/50 lass moor n gerra a new coit , lookin shabby in that old admiral stuff , and finally knock darn that eyesoor of a west stand , FFCI as arr old mate sed ! That's all needs doing ,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    We need a left back and an experienced midfielder !!!! Plus a new board , manager, groundsman , catering staff, Tea mekkin person , sumdi who can put brake on revolving door, knock 50% at least off int club shop, stop evvin a 3rd strip, pay 50/50 lass moor n gerra a new coit , lookin shabby in that old admiral stuff , and finally knock darn that eyesoor of a west stand , FFCI as arr old mate sed ! That's all needs doing ,,,,,,
    You haven’t replaced them lads at the bottom of the car park! What’s up wi thi? A meeeun, missing mooast important cog int wheel! Without them being replaced we are in Danger of herein oooam before 20:00

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    You haven’t replaced them lads at the bottom of the car park! What’s up wi thi? A meeeun, missing mooast important cog int wheel! Without them being replaced we are in Danger of herein oooam before 20:00
    tha meeuns dumb n dumma , they entaclew , that Leeds game a few yr back, Leeds wa ooham weshed changed n art ont 3rd pint afoor we left carpark, it wunt have appund to Smeaton !

I remember waiting to get out of the car park a couple of seasons ago and it all kicked off when a couple of likely lads got out of their car to take the law into their own hands and try and physically open the gates themselves - good lads they were