+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Wing

Can’t dwell on it too much we move on….he will probably get booed home and away next season and then it’s really for the birds…

Agreed could even have injury probs so we might not see him.Didn't he miss some games thru injury with us for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You really are a laugh A player who at Championship level stood out most of the time he played for us but you're 'not fussed who he signs for' because of a half chance missed in a game where he'd already scored one of our goals of the season. Yet someone who turned out once for us in a tin-pot cup game at Doncaster is the best thing since sliced bread and the answer to all our problems. I won't mention his name but you might know who I'm referring to!
    Calm down CAM lol, gru gets to people like that, and perigord rapped me over the knuckles (rightly so) about having a go at him but at times I still cant help myself lol.
    Please gru, just follow the horseracing, you seem to pick all donkeys as players.....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh that's better....sorry perigord 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You really are a laugh A player who at Championship level stood out most of the time he played for us but you're 'not fussed who he signs for' because of a half chance missed in a game where he'd already scored one of our goals of the season. Yet someone who turned out once for us in a tin-pot cup game at Doncaster is the best thing since sliced bread and the answer to all our problems. I won't mention his name but you might know who I'm referring to!
    CAM Vaulks was my favourite player we've had at the NYS but once he'd gone he was history. So Wing who was never our player I think will soon be forgotten. I'm waiting to see who we bring in & this time hope Warney does what he's said he will & only brings players in that will improve us.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Remember Wing missed that great chance set up by Crooks near end to make it 2-0 at Cardiff so not fussed either way who he signs for. See who we sign, hope it's worth waiting for!
    Name:  gru.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  7.4 KB

CAM Vaulks was my favourite player we've had at the NYS but once he'd gone he was history. So Wing who was never our player I think will soon be forgotten. I'm waiting to see who we bring in & this time hope Warney does what he's said he will & only brings players in that will improve us.
    Yeah that is true but you wouldn't not be dissapointed if he didn't return when (allegedly) possible because he missed a chance in a game. Especially after scoring a great goal in the same game.

How come you won’t forgot about Lamy then?

Can remember the experts on here saying that Wing won't drop to L1, hahaha. He'd(and players like him) won't be playing for decent Silverware, it's all about ££££££££ and nothing else. I cant blame him, i blame Rotherham Utd for letting it happen and showing no ambition.............once again we're shopping in Aldi. So fuc*ing frustrating............

I'm just surprised Wing didn't go on loan to another Championship side. Apparently there was interest. Presumably Warnock wanted a wage sharing deal that was too expensive for them (and for us) but Darren Moore was willing to pay. Given the lack of love between Uncle Colin and Wednesday, it would have had to have been money. Wing also may have wanted to stay within commuting distance of South Yorkshire.

Also, I think he's out of contract at Middlesbrough at the end of this season so he may see himself as a more attractive proposition to another club with a year at Wednesday rather than a second one at Rotherham. (We wouldn't see it that way, obviously, but rightly or wrongly, they're perceived as 'better' by many - even when in League One.) If he does well and Wednesday do well, they might take him permanently - which with our wage structure we would have struggled to match.

On balance I think we may have missed an opportunity - if it was ever there. Picking up a larger share of Wing's wages than last year may have been money well spent. He fitted well into our system. I suspect we had first bite at the cherry and we declined. Wednesday (and Wing) then became a mutually attractive match.

Had we stayed up, I expect Wing would have been picked up for a permanent move to another Championship club. Our relegation would have tarnished him slightly and his $10k wages would be seen as a bit high for somebody now playing at the third level.

Rumor has it it cost Wednesday 300k for the loan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast