+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyle Bennett trial ends

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Quite surprised at this and more so the IB seems to suggest that he is happy with his options in 'midfield'. Centrally, I'd agree, particularly if we sign one of the trialists, bit I still feel we are light in the more advanced, wide positions. If Cal or Ruben are out, where's the strength in depth? Sam and Knight? Dubious.
    I could be wrong, but I read "I think it’s going to be difficult to strike a deal which is suitable for both Kyle and the club" as 'we were interested, but he wanted more than we were prepared to pay'.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Nemane and Taylor are wingbacks though, not forwards? If Roberts or Rodders are out (which let's face it, is entirely possible) we have Sam and Knight to step in. They weren't up to it last season. This worries me.
    Nemane is not a wing back, he's a winger/forward

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I could be wrong, but I read "I think it’s going to be difficult to strike a deal which is suitable for both Kyle and the club" as 'we were interested, but he wanted more than we were prepared to pay'.
    I read it the same way but I suspect he also probably wanted selection priority/guaranteed game time.

I'm gonna be really interested with a fit and on form Cal and Ruben how IBs going to play them. IB said the other day he sees Cal as a No10 maybe drifting slightly wide and I personally would say Rubens exactly the same, if it's 3 at the back I can only think of 3421 that will accommodate them, but your wingbacks have to be totally on it in that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Nemane is not a wing back, he's a winger/forward
    IB specifically mentioned that he can play wing back when he signed. I see him as the right wing back in our 352, with Taylor on the left. Brindley will be used as cover at CB and DKE will be back up RWB. We don't play with wingers.

I still think that leaves short up top. I'd like to see a wide forward (in the mould of Bennett) and a rotation for Wootton. Then we are done IMO.

If his primary position is Wing back if we are short due to an injury to Roberts or Rodders as you mentioned then he can rotate into that position if needed and someone else can take his wing back spot like DKE.

Sorted.

We definitely need a backup or rotation player for Big Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I read it the same way but I suspect he also probably wanted selection priority/guaranteed game time.
    If I was charged with negotiating the deal and the player said "I want selection priority/guaranteed game time", I would say "thank you for your time, please close the door on your way out".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12