+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers Vs Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Miller and Ogbene are our two folis who will simply run riot in League 1 I kid you not.

Bet smudge enjoyed the service from them both tonight. Stand out player tonight Jamie Lindsay ….simply awesome!
    YES! 4-3-3, let them run riot. We do not need to play 5 at the back. Attack, attack, attack.

Oh and how did the trialist do? Daly? Attacking mid

Miller good for 1/2 hr then what? Ogbene didn't see that much from him. Why two more trialists? We need signings!

Just back from match, really enjoyed the game, very competitive match although Newcastle, without Saint maximin, Almiron and Shelvey did look more like a mid table championship side to me in the first half, and we could and should have had more than 1 goal by half time we were that dominant.
    Every one of our starting eleven played really well, but Newcastle started the 2nd half the better and only a wonder save from the Viking kept us in front.
    Both teams then made lots of subs in last 30 mins and I was really impressed with Greaves and Kayode when they came on.
    We also brought a player on up front with no number on his shirt so I assumed the trialist?, and think he could be worth another look. All in all I enjoyed the game and looking forward to boro match on Friday UTM

No card payment
    No pies at half time
    Not allowed bottle tops on , not good from new caterers in WS.

Was there a pool party on pitch before KO? Have a word Warney because it was dangerous, the ball person nearly broke his neck 😂

We did well in first half, good Smithy goal, good save from Viktor
    Miller and Lindsay need to get regular games but that might depend where Fergie fits in (he was in shock with our training regime so couldn’t play tonight 😂 )
    Sadlier had a good game when he came on and Kayode wasn’t bad either
    Trialist looked ok
    Icky was excellent in defence
    Wiles didn’t play LB

We’re going to win the league

Thanks for the running commentaries and post match feedback, everybody.

Yeah thanks for the feedback from those who went. And the commentary during the same.

Most importantly however, how did it feel going back into NYS after so long? Surreal? Like putting on an old pair of slippers? I bet it felt great looking out onto the pitch again and the buzz of a game building.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Miller good for 1/2 hr then what? Ogbene didn't see that much from him. Why two more trialists? We need signings!
    Where were two trialists brought on, must have missed the second one.
    Substitutions were....Trialist, a centre mid player for Wiles, Jake Hull for Woody, Joshua Kayode for Freddie, Sadlier for Ogbene, Jacob Gratton for Miller, Jerome Greaves for Lindsay and Curtis Durose for Smith.

Curtis didn't have a number on his shirt or shorts he's a Academy player, one of ours, a young lad with a mop of black hair.

Despite a few Newcastle players missing that was a strong side Bruce put out.
    Quite a few good performances, Smith is looking good, Miller put some quality crosses in, not all of them though, Chieo looks like he's improving and getting back to full fitness, Icky looked strong at the back, Woody was well...Woody, got caught out once by Callum Wilson,
    Barlaser had a quiet game although one long crossfield pass was superb and he always made himself available for a pass, Freddie never stopped running although he didn't get many chances on goal, Wiles had a quiet but steady game,

Sadlier looked good when he came on and PW needs to make his mind up which is Sadliers best position, Viktor was bang on form, pick of the bunch was Jamie Lindsay, never stopped running and challenging, reminded me of a Jack Russell Terrier I used to own.
    Game went a bit pear shaped due to the amount of substitutions made.
    Still a lot to do and room for improvement.

For rolys formations it look like we started as a 3-5-2

UTM.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 27-07-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Match vlog and highlights on NewcastleFansTV. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NZD2Lyf994
    Last edited by mygiddypant; 27-07-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast