+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Boston Utd. 27.07.21 [PSF]

We were good for an hour, very controlled, Palmer ran the show really during the first half. Game got bitty and scrappy after the deluge of subs as you would expect.

Most promising thing was that we scored three and created plenty of chances without Rodrigues, Roberts or Nemane, likely our three key creative players, involved at all.

We still look open and a bit prone to giving the ball away in dangerous areas, but this is who we are now. I think we’re going to score loads this season, our chances may come down to keeping the number conceded to a merely moderate or respectable amount.

Kaba Sherif has looked pretty competent in three different positions in his three games. Must have a chance of a contract on that versatility alone.

On Lacey, does he even get back in when he’s fit? Great defender but Brindley is absolute class in that wide centre back role IMO, has been a bit of a Burchnall masterstroke changing his position. Has got everything you need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yeah I gathered that smart arse. What injury is it? He barely played last season.
    I think it is hip problem, which doesn't bode well. Fingers crossed he can make a comeback at some point. He was sent for scans back in May after being subbed against Torquay and after they'd been done it was thought he'd need an operation to sort things.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-07-2021 at 09:01 PM.

A useful runout, with some good passing movements, but the proof of the pudding will only become apparent when we’re playing against physical opponents who do a lot of pressing. There’ll be less scope for risky passes near our own goal then.

Creatively, things look promising - quite a few chances were made, despite the absence of Rodrigues and Roberts.

Remember that it was only a couple of weeks ago that the season actually finished. Lacey wasn't ready for the playoffs so would expect him to be still not quite right yet. Probably ready once the season starts hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Remember that it was only a couple of weeks ago that the season actually finished. Lacey wasn't ready for the playoffs so would expect him to be still not quite right yet. Probably ready once the season starts hopefully
    I guess it depends if he’s been able to do any pre-season fitness work yet or is still in the recovery stage. A question for the media at the next press conference. And let’s hope Knight’s injury isn’t serious, especially as he really needed a good pre-season to build up his fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think it is hip problem, which doesn't bode well. Fingers crossed he can make a comeback at some point. He was sent for scans back in May after being subbed against Torquay and after they'd been done it was thought he'd need an operation to sort things.
    Thanks Swale. Hope he's back soon. Never known such an intelligent footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Thanks Swale. Hope he's back soon. Never known such an intelligent footballer.
    Who won't be playing much this season, sick note as with McCrory

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He must have played about 2 hours in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    AFAIK it's pretty easy IMHO.
    Just lovin' these abbreviations, I haven't a clue what they mean but they look impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Just lovin' these abbreviations, I haven't a clue what they mean but they look impressive!
    "As far as I know, it's pretty easy in my honest opinion"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast