+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watford Game Cancelled On Friday Night

Poor do innit. Especially as tickets ev already bin sold at Watford.

Extremely poor from the club but unfortunately not totally unsurprising .

Yes it's a high class friendly against top opposition but I'm also wondering what the hell we are getting out of this game .

Chasing superstar footballers around for 90 minutes without getting much of the ball and in all probability a bit of a tonking ain't my idea of best preparation for the real stuff a week on Saturday .

We'll see of course .

I was thinking the same at first when I heard, what if this turns out like that Flicker led Fa cup Qtr final tie when we lost there 5-0!!.

But professional wise, Im very disappointed to hear whats happened here to Watford, and Id be well and truly peed off if they or anybody else had done this to us.

Sounds like Pep wanted to play us as we are a high pressing team and this formed part of his pre season preparations .

Whether they've banged us a few quid to renegade on the Watford game I obviously wouldn't know but you wouldn't be surprised would you ? .

Just me personally but I thought the Watford game was probably as good a last warm up game before we travel to Cardiff as you'd get .

What we actually get out of the City game only time will tell of course .

Conway has previous for reneging on agreements.

Barnsley has a long history of being a proud, principled club who were respected in football circles.

"reneging"--to fail to carry out a promise or commitment----that's Conway. Shameful. Sue the guy Watford.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-07-2021 at 08:08 AM.

I've decided it's time the club replaced Timerider pre match with this little number .

I'm sure Conway would view it as a personal tribute .

https://youtu.be/eJR_dX8i0ww

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12