+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: £22m for Periera

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    We have enough funds in the parachute payment, use this to strengthen and monies received for Johnstone and Pereira should be used for any mid season transfers or good deals on deadline day.
    Only reason we wouldn’t use this is if it’s already in FOL’s coffers!
    We have enough money in parachute payments? Says who?

Yes players get a reduced salary but our finances will not be awash with money unless we can get rid of the most expensive players. The parachute payments are there to help clubs when they get relegated but we are still very vulnerable.

Anyway why should Lai, or indeed any owner, under the current football regulations keep putting his own money in to finance new players and their agents if he doesn’t want to. The reality is he has something like £200 million at risk and he can do what he wants.

Do I like that, of course not. But unless football governance changes for the better, and I can’t see that happening by themselves,then we are stuck with this money orientated game which as I have said on other threads relies on mega rich men, mainly men anyway, financing the over-spoilt players and agents, for their own benefit and to hell with the fans.

FOL and FOPL, give our clubs their soul back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    We have enough money in parachute payments? Says who?

Yes players get a reduced salary but our finances will not be awash with money unless we can get rid of the most expensive players. The parachute payments are there to help clubs when they get relegated but we are still very vulnerable.

Anyway why should Lai, or indeed any owner, under the current football regulations keep putting his own money in to finance new players and their agents if he doesn’t want to. The reality is he has something like £200 million at risk and he can do what he wants.

Do I like that, of course not. But unless football governance changes for the better, and I can’t see that happening by themselves,then we are stuck with this money orientated game which as I have said on other threads relies on mega rich men, mainly men anyway, financing the over-spoilt players and agents, for their own benefit and to hell with the fans.

FOL and FOPL, give our clubs their soul back.
    Relegated clubs receive 55 per cent of the equal share of broadcast revenue paid to Premier League clubs in the first year after relegation, tied in with the players released and wages saved we should be in a far better position than all bar the relegated clubs, I.e top 3, what I am getting at is we shouldn’t need to have a fire sale to fund players coming in.

The Pereira and Johnstone dealings are becoming farcical. If clubs are actually interested then make us offers for them. Some of the offers that are supposedly quoted are ridiculous. Pereira needs to be around the £30 million mark and Johnstone between £15 to £20 million. I wouldn't consider any offers less than this. If we don't get these sort of prices then we just keep them. Pereira's still got two years of his contract to go so what's he going to do? If we play 'hard ball' both clubs and players will soon get the message.

We do well with budget signings (Ajayi, Townsend, Perreira etc.) and mess up most big money signings we make. I wouldn't trust this club with marquee signings.

Get Perreira and Johnstone off the books, spend it well on a few additions and we could have a cracking side for this level.

I wouldn't expect the club to spend a fortune this summer but I don't think that's not sensible in the current climate. We're not a club that takes huge financial risk and should be respected for that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)