+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: £22m for Periera

£22m for Periera

Looks like he’s going to West Ham. Seems very low to me, when played in the number 10 role he was awesome last season
    If we played him this season we would definitely be promoted, so I am unsure we should be giving him away

I really don’t understand why we don’t try and get him to stay for the season or if not at least appear to want to keep him, ensuring the price is as high as it can be and if he does go it needs to be at a premium as there aren’t many players who create and score as much as him at the highest level

I understand the issue with Johnson as he doesn’t have long left on his contract

I don't understand why we haven't come out & put a huge price tag on him, like all other clubs do for their best players!!!

With today's over inflated prices for players & the Vile thinking diving Grealish is worth £100m, Surely Periera should have been given a similar price tag......

For me the most important thing is to get the deal done and get some replacements in with the money. Too often our transfer business is done too late and we are almost at the start of the season now.

The club know roughly what the best price they are going to get now, so let’s get it whether that be £22 million from West Ham or the same from Leicester not bothered just get it done.

Also has the benefit of finding out if Lai is going to give funds to enable us to get replacements. I think he will, others think he will somehow put it in his pocket. Either way we won’t find out until we sell either Pereira or Johnstone because I can’t see anyone else commanding a large fee.

No good keeping a player against his will, we need everyone to be on the same page.
    I think Peirera would be a good fit for West Ham.

Pereira must be worth 30m given what Buendia and Watkins cost.

Quote Originally Posted by billsbest View Post
    Pereira must be worth 30m given what Buendia and Watkins cost.
    Can’t see that at all, anyway we only paid £8 million for Pereira 12 months ago, so good business for a change.

I would rather have Watkins over Pereira any day of the week.

I feel the same as the comments made by Boingy the other day.

Whenever we are in the market for a bang average player the price seems monstrous yet when our star asset gets sold you find yourself shaking your head at the price!

Part of the problem is the desperation to grab the cash on our part, the only time we’ve played hardball was Peace with Levy over Berahino.

I know we ultimately lost out in the end in financial terms over Berahino but I liked Peace’s stance because I thought it sent out a strong message to other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I feel the same as the comments made by Boingy the other day.

Whenever we are in the market for a bang average player the price seems monstrous yet when our star asset gets sold you find yourself shaking your head at the price!

Part of the problem is the desperation to grab the cash on our part, the only time we’ve played hardball was Peace with Levy over Berahino.

I know we ultimately lost out in the end in financial terms over Berahino but I liked Peace’s stance because I thought it sent out a strong message to other clubs.
    I thought that Peace always got a decent price for players he sold
    Every club that dealt with him said he was a strong no nonsense negotiator

For me in the grand scheme £22m for Periera is pittance, especially as he could mean the difference between going up and then give us a chance of staying there

Peace always got a decent price yes, but the playing side never saw much of it reinvested.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I thought that Peace always got a decent price for players he sold
    Every club that dealt with him said he was a strong no nonsense negotiator

For me in the grand scheme £22m for Periera is pittance, especially as he could mean the difference between going up and then give us a chance of staying there
    I’d love reminding of which player sales under Peace made me exclaim out loud.....”Wow, how much, we’ve robbed them!” BS?

Likewise which players then purchased made any of us think we’d really pushed the boat out!?

In the late 70’s and early 80’s we broke transfer records for incoming and outgoing players.

If you think Peace was a canny operator then it makes old Bert Millichip a genius in comparison.

We didn’t get our pants pulled down in that era.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)