+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: £22m for Periera

My brother in law is a solicitor and had direct dealings with Peace. He told me that Jezza was a really tough cookie to deal with and the impression was given that he could very easily turn into a right barsteward

Why don’t clubs or why don’t we start by leading this new idea.. put the player on sale online on the club shop with the price tag and RRP, just put it out there. If we ever did this and were first to ever do it.. think of the publicity we’d get for taking this new approach. Surely setting a price high, say £50M and if clubs try to bargain they can. We’ll give them a voucher discount code if they pay immediately. This bob hollux going to round in circles needs to be eliminated, same bul shi t every year. Move transfers online. We need to put a huge price tag on him.

Considering what we paid West Ham for Grady then as a proven premier league performer Pereira must be worth twice that! Taking less is simply firesale tactics by our charlatan of an owner!

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’d love reminding of which player sales under Peace made me exclaim out loud.....”Wow, how much, we’ve robbed them!” BS?

Likewise which players then purchased made any of us think we’d really pushed the boat out!?

In the late 70’s and early 80’s we broke transfer records for incoming and outgoing players.

If you think Peace was a canny operator then it makes old Bert Millichip a genius in comparison.

We didn’t get our pants pulled down in that era.
    I’m not comparing to the 70s and early 80s we’d been in the third division since then
    But I think in our yo-yo years I thought we sold well and certainly didn’t let players go for peanuts

We got a good price for Berahino when he finally left didn’t we ?
    Also compared to transfers of the day Kamara Davies and even when Hughes went to Cov we got decent money for unproven top league players I think

And like DaveP67 said I think at £22m we are getting our pants pulled down, our stance should be you stay and play if we don’t get an offer of x and if no toying else it should mean more money for us to spend on a replacement

It could all be immaterial as it will all go off shore and poor Val will get **** all to spend

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Why don’t clubs or why don’t we start by leading this new idea.. put the player on sale online on the club shop with the price tag and RRP, just put it out there. If we ever did this and were first to ever do it.. think of the publicity we’d get for taking this new approach. Surely setting a price high, say £50M and if clubs try to bargain they can. We’ll give them a voucher discount code if they pay immediately. This bob hollux going to round in circles needs to be eliminated, same bul shi t every year. Move transfers online. We need to put a huge price tag on him.
    Good shout Regis, dunno if that will be used tbh as agents and convoluted payments seem to have some tax, financial accounting benefits which in itself is dodgy as hell

Agree with the set the price high but totally

I just hope we don't agree 22m with staged payments, which is the norm with most transfers. We need the money now!!

Surely we cannot afford a slow start to this season.

We need to free up some funds pretty quickly or else we are going to start the season without improving our scoring chances.

The way we are going we will even get funds in so late we won’t be able to get anyone in this window at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Surely we cannot afford a slow start to this season.

We need to free up some funds pretty quickly or else we are going to start the season without improving our scoring chances.

The way we are going we will even get funds in so late we won’t be able to get anyone in this window at all.
    We have enough funds in the parachute payment, use this to strengthen and monies received for Johnstone and Pereira should be used for any mid season transfers or good deals on deadline day.
    Only reason we wouldn’t use this is if it’s already in FOL’s coffers!

Villa took a punt and paid £30M for a potential goal scorer. He turned out very well for them but he was still untested.

Our guy scored 11 and lots of assists which should have been many more if not for the absence of a decent finisher at the club.

West Ham spent £30M ( 25 + Extras ) on Benrahma and he only scored once and contributed little else.

So what about the £18M for grant, and Diagana or the 8 for Ken the action man from Cardiff.

I would say £30M is a fair price

Remember, though, that the wretched Lai knows **** all about football; he’s probably thinking that he’ll take whatever he can get, £22m will go nicely towards what he wants back. You don’t expect that it will be used to buy players, do you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)