Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
We have enough funds in the parachute payment, use this to strengthen and monies received for Johnstone and Pereira should be used for any mid season transfers or good deals on deadline day.
Only reason we wouldn’t use this is if it’s already in FOL’s coffers!
We have enough money in parachute payments? Says who?

Yes players get a reduced salary but our finances will not be awash with money unless we can get rid of the most expensive players. The parachute payments are there to help clubs when they get relegated but we are still very vulnerable.

Anyway why should Lai, or indeed any owner, under the current football regulations keep putting his own money in to finance new players and their agents if he doesn’t want to. The reality is he has something like £200 million at risk and he can do what he wants.

Do I like that, of course not. But unless football governance changes for the better, and I can’t see that happening by themselves,then we are stuck with this money orientated game which as I have said on other threads relies on mega rich men, mainly men anyway, financing the over-spoilt players and agents, for their own benefit and to hell with the fans.

FOL and FOPL, give our clubs their soul back.