Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: A Different Hypothesis on Dyche...

  1. #1

    Cool A Different Hypothesis on Dyche...

    I'm starting to come around to the conclusion that Dyche actually loves this "shoestring budget" malarkey.

    After all there are no kudos in having zillions to chuck at an EPL squad.

    The media kudos comes from a straight sixth season gained in the EPL on a "f*ck all" budget, claiming virtually anyone can run an EPL team with millions to chuck at it.

    I'm not having it that a bloke with Dyche's character is going to accept any old $hit from either Garlick or Pace.

    I suggest he likes it the way it is, playing his own developed kids like McNeil and Richardson, always being the cash strapped martyr and earning the plaudits for "doing it his way".

    The "Royal Dyche" indeed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm starting to come around to the conclusion that Dyche actually loves this "shoestring budget" malarkey.

    After all there are no kudos in having zillions to chuck at an EPL squad.

    The media kudos comes from a straight sixth season gained in the EPL on a "f*ck all" budget, claiming virtually anyone can run an EPL team with millions to chuck at it.

    I'm not having it that a bloke with Dyche's character is going to accept any old $hit from either Garlick or Pace.

    I suggest he likes it the way it is, playing his own developed kids like McNeil and Richardson, always being the cash strapped martyr and earning the plaudits for "doing it his way".

    The "Royal Dyche" indeed.
    Shame itís crap to watch most of the time BT.

    I was alluding to something similar the other day about his structure , rigidity and shape etc and which shelf we shopped at in the footballer hyper market.

    Agree with what you say really he does seem as though he thrives in it , however the fact he hasnít renewed his contract tells me at this minute itís wearing a bit thin with him , reality is that we are never going to be the splashers of inordinate amounts of money on players, but us the fans and Dyche for that matter deserve a little better I feel in terms of support for Burnley , reality is that without the first team playing as it does in this league nothing else is relevant , the knock effect from relegation imo anyway would be catastrophic as we are at the minute.

    The owners need to back Dyche and letís see if he can loosen the reigns a bit and adapt his game and tactics ( weíve all seen it before but only in odd games ).

    Bottom line is the squad needs strengthening for all of the above.

  3. #3
    A few of my mates who went to Blackpool last night think a few of these kids of ours can bridge the gap from Development U-23's to the EPL.

    I do not share their optimism.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A few of my mates who went to Blackpool last night think a few of these kids of ours can bridge the gap from Development U-23's to the EPL.

    I do not share their optimism.
    No - itís a hell of a step BT from Blackpool to Chelsea or Man City , who donít give you the ball that much to play with.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    No - it’s a hell of a step BT from Blackpool to Chelsea or Man City , who don’t give you the ball that much to play with.
    From what I heard of the Oldham game, the side improved when the younger players came on. It sounds as though they did well at Blackpool. There is little point in having the U23 pool if no one moves up. There is the Catch 22 that they lack PL experience, but how do they get that if they are not on the team sheet.

    It is a big step, army88, but our league does not feature Chelsea, Man City, Man U. It is the bottom half that is our PL - the likes of Brighton, Watford, Norwich etc. I suggest a blend of youth and experience might be a good idea against such teams. Some pace, some enthusiasm and maybe some creativity could come from the the younger players, with the experienced players providing calmness.

    Collins had an impressive game against Oldham. He can plat at right - back too. A good back - up to Lowton. I would give him a few starts. See how he performs. With Taylor on the left side, that could provide some pace, crosses and consistency - not Lowton’s strong point.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm starting to come around to the conclusion that Dyche actually loves this "shoestring budget" malarkey.

    After all there are no kudos in having zillions to chuck at an EPL squad.

    The media kudos comes from a straight sixth season gained in the EPL on a "f*ck all" budget, claiming virtually anyone can run an EPL team with millions to chuck at it.

    I'm not having it that a bloke with Dyche's character is going to accept any old $hit from either Garlick or Pace.

    I suggest he likes it the way it is, playing his own developed kids like McNeil and Richardson, always being the cash strapped martyr and earning the plaudits for "doing it his way".

    The "Royal Dyche" indeed.
    A win, win situation. If the club stays up he is a messiah. If it goes down, well it is little, old Burnley with miracles performed to be in the PL for so long.

    I have a relative who works at the club. I am reliably informed that Dyche did not speak with Garlick (who was generally disliked) for the last couple of seasons due to the lack of support for the team. On that basis, I do not think that he is content with the “shoestring”.

    Why has he stayed? A reported £5 million a year plus bonuses is not a bad start! Lack of suitable alternative clubs. The big boys will not be interested, which leaves a small number of clubs or outside the PL.

    I can’t see him being that interested in a Championship club, unless it is a big one with lots of money to spend to get promoted.

    Then there is the style of play. 37% possession, defend and defend. Lump it upfield and hope that the forwards can hold it up.

  7. #7
    I am not falling out with you Swissclaret, but the stats constantly prove we just do not "lump it upfield and hope that the forwards can hold it up".

    SD is a lot better coach than he is given credit for. I have seen us play more than one or two EPL teams off the pitch and no mistake!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,001
    Youíve a short memory BT , we play a lot of sideways football and we do a lot of defending for large parts in games ( in an earlier post I alluded to us occasionally playing football thatís entertaining) but it ainít very often ( Iím still a true claret a Burnley fan forever ) before you all jump
    Up and down .

    Lumping its one thing and being direct another as Liverpool proved last season , however we spend an awful long time chasing in games that I watch anyway and itís not the most entertaining.

    Dyche does his best with what he has at his disposal I suppose - he has a method / formula that gets the job done - of that there is no denying- function over flair springs to kind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6,467
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

    SD is a lot better coach than he is given credit for. I have seen us play more than one or two EPL teams off the pitch and no mistake!
    Good they can play some fottball befitting their wages- BT.....specially being they're getting paid a week - more than most bring in a year.
    So how is it we can suddenly up our game, see more of the ball etc - how those amazing transformations, where- do-they-come-from ? To myself, just looking at the opposition reveals the root of it...can dig the rest up on the forums - the same old, "what was the manager doing ?" , "why play him here and him there ?" ( out of position)" why take him off ?", "why put him on ?" (or not put him on) - "worse game all season", "they didn't give a shlit", etc etc...It's about the quality of the opposition - see cup games, PL team plays Trogly by the Sea....and what a match, they played maginficently, held them to a draw even...was a day to remember.
    But why.....sure, they looked the part, then again, what of the opposition, and of their next game, back to their regular humdrummery.
    As for Dyche - we've heard him say, he'd like more players, "but this is Burnley"..blah blah blah, then in the next breath, "am happy", have a full team, a few niggles with the injuries, but we're getting there, yada yada yada .....he's erratic, bordering on devious perhaps, and without doubt (imo) exceedingly tedious to boot.
    Am I surprised that teams aren't clamouring for his guidance, think not...because what many of our supporters identify as broken, others also record....and in essence, have to be desperate to accept it.
    He can prove me/others wrong anytime...I look forward to it, though no need to wait until next season, I think this one is "enough".


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,074
    I remain convinced that Dyche is still at Burnley only because he hasn't been offered anything better. The first offer he gets that he likes, he'll be off, until that offer arrives he'll continue to plod along at Burnley, why would he not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •