+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were John Nelms

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Not sure that promise was made for this season to be honest, definitely for last season but not sure about this.

He promised all season ticket holders would get in, they're not all getting in. PATG was never factored in which makes me suspect there was at a least a suspicion that numbers would be short - so why make the all season ticket holders will get in promise? Very poor stuff.

Did he piss in my coffee? No, I just call things as I see them (with some artistic license or assumption if required).
    They said this season, chronological
    Order of season ticket purchase. They didn’t promise all Season ticket holders would get in.

If they did can you show me where?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Order of season ticket purchase. They didn’t promise all Season ticket holders would get in.

I'm really pretty sure no order of purchase promise was made for this season, I do remember getting mine early in case the promise was made but honestly can't remember it actually happening - maybe I'm wrong, I've problem admitting when I am, so perhaps you can show me where that promise was made because I seem to have missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Twice now the club have told us the rules for season tickets being issued in times of restricted crowds,and twice they have lied to the people they claim to hold dear.

Add to that foundation member only games.

Then the proclamation that all season ticket holders would get to the game,followed by a statement saying almost a quarter won't,and thanking fans for their patience and understanding.
    The only understanding fans are the ones with tickets,and if you are someone who went and bought a ticket early thinking it gave you the best chance of getting into games,only to find out you can't,the patience must be wearing pretty thin.
    You are normally fairly positive.

Your sense of let down I think will be reflected amongst our support.

I think a lot of people don't want to think it's as bad as it is. Nobody wants to think they support a badly run club.

We have supporters who happily give the club money every month to get a pin badge.

We also have supporters who were ripped off on their season ticket last year,and while some may shrug their shoulders,some really can't afford to be giving money away like that.

But mostly we have fans who really want to support their team,and don't want to believe they are being bent over and shafted at every opporchancity.

I have never been a fan of FPS,or Mr nelms in particular,but some of the things the club do to its supporters surprises even someone with a really really low opinion of jn like me.

And I will probably let it happen again and again,like many others,and nelms probably knows it

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

You're right on a technicality regarding the all season ticket holders would get in promise - I read it but have allowed other comments to cloud my recollection.

The statement actually read

'With your help of bigger groups together in the Bobby Cox and a potential increase in capacity issued by the council we are hopeful of getting all season tickets holders who can attend on Saturday into the match safely but unfortunately at this time are unable to guarantee this without having a full knowledge of the situation'.

I'm really pretty sure no order of purchase promise was made for this season, I do remember getting mine early in case the promise was made but honestly can't remember it actually happening - maybe I'm wrong, I've problem admitting when I am, so perhaps you can show me where that promise was made because I seem to have missed it?
    https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/initial-...-arrangements/

About halfway down

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    'Previously the club had stated that tickets for league games would be available on a rolling ballot basis but given the time constraints we feel the only reasonable way to proceed is to offer on a first come first serve basis'.

I still can't remember seeing the initial statement of first come first served and rolling ballot for this season; but that statement's actually fairly reasonable.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 28-07-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Previously the club had stated that tickets for league games would be available on a rolling ballot basis but given the time constraints we feel the only reasonable way to proceed is to offer on a first come first serve basis.

The rolling ballot was based on the date you bought your season ticket,it's why they all have a purchase date on them

'Previously the club had stated that tickets for league games would be available on a rolling ballot basis but given the time constraints we feel the only reasonable way to proceed is to offer on a first come first serve basis'.

I still can't remember seeing the initial statement of first come first served and rolling ballot for this season; but that statement's actually fairly reasonable.
    That statement is reasonable unless you bought your ticket early. Some people may have done that at a time when money was tight just to ensure they were early in that ballot. Now they know any sacrifice they made was not worth it

I’ll try to find it tomorrow but it was somewhere that’s they said priority would be the order in which you bought as season ticket. They haven’t stuck with it but hey ho that’s what was said at start of seasons being on sale.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)