+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were John Nelms

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I’ll try to find it tomorrow but it was somewhere that’s they said priority would be the order in which you bought as season ticket. They haven’t stuck with it but hey ho that’s what was said at start of seasons being on sale.
    No worries H I'm happy to take your word for it, I've probably just missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    'Previously the club had stated that tickets for league games would be available on a rolling ballot basis but given the time constraints we feel the only reasonable way to proceed is to offer on a first come first serve basis'.

I still can't remember seeing the initial statement of first come first served and rolling ballot for this season; but that statement's actually fairly reasonable.
    My mistake I’m remembering it from way back. They have a different way this season!

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/2020-21-...ckets-revised/

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    That statement is reasonable unless you bought your ticket early. Some people may have done that at a time when money was tight just to ensure they were early in that ballot. Now they know any sacrifice they made was not worth it
    I can see where you're coming from on that mate. I might be wrong (again) but did they not announce about two weeks ago that there would be so many for friendlies then more for Forfar then 2,000 getting into The Coxy for this game? Maybe that's when the chronological order should have been initiated? Then they could have carried that on into the Shankly once hey got the nod. I think that's possibly why we all expected as many as 4,000 at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I can see where you're coming from on that mate. I might be wrong (again) but did they not announce about two weeks ago that there would be so many for friendlies then more for Forfar then 2,000 getting into The Coxy for this game? Maybe that's when the chronological order should have been initiated? Then they could have carried that on into the Shankly once hey got the nod. I think that's possibly why we all expected as many as 4,000 at this game.
    No matter what spacing the council insisted on the club had no clue how people would turn up in groups or individually. Seems neither club nor council anticipated that

My mistake I’m remembering it from way back. They have a different way this season!

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/2020-21-...ckets-revised/
    That was my recollection and I was surprised similar wasn't done for this season.

The other statement regarding St Mirren tickets did say 'previously' they were using chronological order which probably confused things as well.

No matter what spacing the council insisted on the club had no clue how people would turn up in groups or individually. Seems neither club nor council anticipated that
    True

Why didn’t they ask supporters clubs to book in large groups

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Why didn’t they ask supporters clubs to book in large groups
    If they did that there’d literally be no
    Point in distancing at all

Nail on head

Agree there isn’t any point in it, we sit together in the pub so 90 mins at match wouldn’t matter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)