+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GIRUY 2021/22 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Who on here didn't criticise Ojo? He was pretty dire up until this season. But fantastic that Glass has got him going.
    Me.

Jings, you're clearly a man of some patience. I like to cut players a bit of slack, but he did little right for a very long time!

13 games, and not all of 90 minutes, before Glass has given him new responsibilities, I think the commentary on the first Hacken game said.

“Minutes” is the new cliché. Not sure how many he got, and the sending off for one bookable offence in that European game would have reduced them appreciably. Enough however, to see him vilified by the armchair Herreras in these here parts. I suppose at least it gave Andrew Considine a bit of respite.

Had fans’ reaction in 77-79 been listened to, Gordon Strachan would have been binned almost before he started. His debut was memorable though. Thanks, Ian Fleming. http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/f...8&squad=Senior

Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Who on here didn't criticise Ojo? He was pretty dire up until this season. But fantastic that Glass has got him going.

I certainly criticised him and good to see such a positive change. As Mason says perhaps though just bad man management previously. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Me.
    So fit about Matty Kennedy then 57v?

You showing the patience of a saint there too min.

Or is he just shyte...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 13-08-2021 at 11:40 AM.

He’s not good enough. He can’t get a cross beyond the first defender, lacks pace and any sort of guile that you’d expect from a winger. He looks like he’s happy to coast along, taking a wage, filling a jersey and contributing little. I’ve seen dozens of them since 1966. More importantly, he’d be a hindrance to the promise that Ramsay and McKenzie are showing as attacking full backs. If Goodwin wants him at St Mirren he can have him as far as I’m concerned.

I thought I saw promise in Ojo to begin with but he soon lost his way completely.
    If he makes a comeback as a fans favorite then it'll be the biggest turnaround I've ever seen, and I include Strachan in that.
    With Strachan, I think everyone knew he had the talent, it just wasn't working for him.
    I wasn't short of shouting at him myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    So fit about Matty Kennedy then 57v?

You showing the patience of a saint there too min.

Or is he just shyte...
    Kennedy is definitely on his way out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He’s not good enough. He can’t get a cross beyond the first defender, lacks pace and any sort of guile that you’d expect from a winger. He looks like he’s happy to coast along, taking a wage, filling a jersey and contributing little. I’ve seen dozens of them since 1966. More importantly, he’d be a hindrance to the promise that Ramsay and McKenzie are showing as attacking full backs. If Goodwin wants him at St Mirren he can have him as far as I’m concerned.
    Yep, a fair summation min, agree with all of that.

If Goodwin wants him, off you pop son...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Kennedy is definitely on his way out anyway.
    Off to St Mirren.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast