+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Leya Iseka …… linked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aaron Leya Iseka …… linked

Another Belgian striker being linked.
    This time from Toulouse.
    Which brings the number of strikers back up to 6.
    A far cry from when Hecky just had Tommy Tappit Bradshaw to choose from.

Iseka ain’t that tall at only 6’ - but he’s quick.
    Obviously Valérien has identified that the team didn’t have enough speed up front.
    Hence Cole and now Iseka being looked at.

It’s also worth remembering what Valérien said after the 1st leg against Swansea - that they only need one chance to score while we need several attempts to score - so it looks like a revamp of the strikers is going on - which could result in more striker ins and outs.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 29-07-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Eh? Do keep up Chris/Christine !

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

It’s also worth remembering what Valérien said after the 1st leg against Swansea - that they only need one chance to score while we need several attempts to score - so it looks like a revamp of the strikers is going on -
    Oulare-- 12 goals in seven years in 95 senior games

Iseka-- 20 goals in seven years in 122 senior games

Prolific eh!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Oulare-- 12 goals in seven years in 95 senior games

Iseka-- 20 goals in seven years in 122 senior games
    I don’t think we are in the game of signing the ‘tried and tested’.
    They cost too much.
    Thats not part of the owners philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I don’t think we are in the game of signing the ‘tried and tested’.
    They cost too much.
    Thats not part of the owners philosophy.
    So what is the Owner's Philosophy ? Do they want to just make money ? Or are they wanting to progress BFC ? I hope these signings come off from a fan's point of view , I'm not convinced it will bother the owner's too much if it doesn't, obviously they would prefer the new recruits doing well , however they are as most owner's seem to be ? Gambling with our Club and the Fan base, They appear not to take in any emotion towards the Club and Town , it's a play thing , they have no interest in nothing but making money ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    So what is the Owner's Philosophy ? Do they want to just make money ? Or are they wanting to progress BFC ? I hope these signings come off from a fan's point of view , I'm not convinced it will bother the owner's too much if it doesn't, obviously they would prefer the new recruits doing well , however they are as most owner's seem to be ? Gambling with our Club and the Fan base, They appear not to take in any emotion towards the Club and Town , it's a play thing , they have no interest in nothing but making money ,
    That's true Roma but thull not mek no brass if the sign duds. It's in their interests to sign good players. Not all signings prove to be effective but t'was ever thus. Good uns thuv med in their time here- Anderson, Helik, Styles, Woodrow, Moore, Collins, Morris, Brittain, Sibbick. All have excelled at championship level. Dougall & Bahre did well helping us get promoted from lg1. Rest on um still ev a lot to prove but that's not to say that they're shyte or duds. Thaz got to bear in mind how young they are and that they wo not expensive in today's transfer market.

They do want to progress the team and get into the premiership.
    2 reasons for this.
    1) Once in the prem they can syphon off all the money into their pockets and…
    2) sell the club at a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Simply spending what the club earns Roma , lads at Ł800k hoping they can develop and progress .

With it has to be said a huge slice of fortune a year ago they have somehow managed to establish the club in the championship and within budget .

Previous attempts by the late Patrick Cryne to cement us in the championship had him having to loan the club money to pay it's way and we were always fighting the drop .

Which ever way we look at it they've done pretty well , whether we can progress even further remains to be seen .

Whether they make any money out of the club will probably depend on what a new owner is prepared to pay .

Established in the championship and debt free would yield a profit given they didn't pay that much for the club .

However you'd imagine there would be easier ways to make a modest profit for extremely wealthy people than owning a club of this size in an economically challenged area .

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    They do want to progress the team and get into the premiership.
    2 reasons for this.
    1) Once in the prem they can symphony off all the money into their pockets and…
    Thull be humming symphonies from Beethoven and Mozart all way darn Grove St mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast